Nintendo Reveals Wii Successor, 'Wii U'

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Right on schedule, Nintendo announced its Wii successor at E3, named 'Wii U'. Whereas most console announcements have discussions more about the console itself rather than the controller, the opposite is true here. The controller, as recent rumors have predicted, features a large touch screen, making this a controller like none other. The fact that its dimensions are about 8x4" could be the biggest reason for that.

nintendo_wiiiiiiii_060711_02.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
This has had a bunch of people here at work running around like a bunch of kids, myself included. Who would have thought that I'd be excited by a console?!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Because my brain is hard wired this way...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0JElywbkSbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I am not excited about this thing at all. I dunno why I'm just not. I know I say I prefer PC gaming but I like my 360, PS3 and even the games I play on my Kids Wii. However that controller for the Wii U looks like it is heavy, uncomfortable for ppl with big hands (and I do), easy to break (ie kids), expensive and they were showing off the camera features on it, now that sucker had better be sporting N wifi in it and ethernet on the console or there is going to be some packet loss there with that much data flying around with wifi only. I'm just not a believer in it and I doubt I will be until I can get my hands on the thing. As it is right now my kids have enough fun with SM3 and the other classics right now, they don't need this one just yet.......