Nintendo DS > iPhone?

GameMasterNick

Coastermaker
Engadget is reporting that the Nintendo DS can use a simple software download to allow dialing and VoIP similar to the iPhone interface.

That's right folks, thanks to a simple piece of software, you can be making phone calls directly from your DS (provided you have a SIP account). Apparently users are up and running already with the app, so there will probably be a rash of tweaks and improvements on the way. It's truly an exciting time to be the owner of a relatively cheap handheld game system.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/13/nintendo-ds-gets-voip/

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Old news... If i could sage this I would.

You will find a LONG and semi on going thread about this on the forums. Searching would be a decent idea, i just dont feel like linking.

GameMasterNick

Coastermaker
Sorry... G4 just picked up the story last week.

I don't visit forums on the weekends due to a general lack of time (read strong family life / fatherhood).

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Sorry for dbl post bump... but...

I was next to a gamestop yesterday so I asked both for you and because I was curious.

Gamecubes only trade in for $10. Wow. I mean... wow. Its the last gen nintendo, and it only trades in for $10. On the upside you can buy one for ~$20-25. I kinda understand why though... the cube never really hit it big with anything.

Altrus

Coastermaker
Sorry for dbl post bump... but...

I was next to a gamestop yesterday so I asked both for you and because I was curious.

Gamecubes only trade in for $10. Wow. I mean... wow. Its the last gen nintendo, and it only trades in for $10. On the upside you can buy one for ~$20-25. I kinda understand why though... the cube never really hit it big with anything.

No, it didn't, which is sad, because I really like my Gamecube, it also had my favorite controller design out of all the systems.
((It sure got more action than my Xbox))

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I really like my Gamecube, it also had my favorite controller design out of all the systems.

Oi, haha. I have a stark opposite opinion... I hated that gamepad. It was fine for Nintendo-developed games, but for others, or cross-platform games, it became a nuisance.

NES gamepad forever!

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
I'm on the hatred of the controller as well. Personally, and I know most people will consider this blasphemy, but aside from the good old NES I think that Sony has done the best job with controllers since. Well, and the Wii mote but I don't think that counts. NOTHING molds to my hand like the PS2/PS3 controllers.

I've not liked Ninty's for a long time, sadly. In my college days we'd be up all hours playing golden eye, and I SUCKED at it because I couldn't ever master that blasted N64 controller.