Next Build 2008

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=cartChartOdd vAlign=top><TD align=middle>javascript:WishListUpdate('https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/','13-188-024','HISTORY');
</TD><TD>EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD align=right>$249.99 </TD></TR><TR class=cartChartOdd vAlign=top><TD><INPUT onclick="javascript:fItemCheckBoxSelectSingle('WishListForm','chkItems');" type=checkbox value=14-130-319 name=chkItems cM1="1" cM2="11" cM3> </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

</TD><TD>$259.99 </TD><TD></TD><TD align=right> </TD></TR><TR class=cartChartOdd vAlign=top><TD><INPUT onclick="javascript:fItemCheckBoxSelectSingle('WishListForm','chkItems');" type=checkbox value=19-115-037 name=chkItems cM1="1" cM2="15" cM3> </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core

</TD><TD>$229.99 </TD><TD></TD><TD align=right> </TD></TR><TR class=cartChartOdd vAlign=top><TD><INPUT onclick="javascript:fItemCheckBoxSelectSingle('WishListForm','chkItems');" type=checkbox value=20-227-278 name=chkItems cM1="1" cM2="19" cM3> </TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>OCZ ReaperX HPC 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Build Complete

Spent the day getting it where I want and routing cables
I was surprised the Zalman was cooling at 29C ( no OC as yet )

Merlin

Last edited:

CoolZone

Obliviot
i really wonder why evga still uses electrolytic capacitors and not only solid dielectric capacitors,to minimize noise and maximize the motherboards' life

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That looks great man! I didn't know you were planning on going SLI, but great choice regardless.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
That looks great man! I didn't know you were planning on going SLI, but great choice regardless.

I had a few $$ extra. so why not

I was surprised to play Crysis, and I did the automatic settings where it looks at the computer and adjusts the settting, well everything was set on Very High. And I played through the first level like that thinking it would bogg somewhere, never did.
Very few machines can do that.
Here are the rest of the images, didn't want to upload everything here.

http://www.pbase.com/merlinsgraphics/2008_intel_build

By the way....it's a whole different world playing the same game on Very High........you miss all the fine detail, like butterflys and lightning bugs at night and daytime, to mention just a few.

I'm very pleased with this build amd haven't even overclocked it as yet

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
What resolution is Crysis running to run that smooth with Very High? I'm curious. I have two 8800GTS 512's here I might test it out with.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
What resolution is Crysis running to run that smooth with Very High? I'm curious. I have two 8800GTS 512's here I might test it out with.

Currently I'm on the 22 inch Acer LCD......plan to move to the 24 incher today

Resolution is at 1024 X 786:eek:
No AA on:rolleyes:

Merlin:techgage:

I dont have photoshop on here as yet, to show screen shot

Merlin

The Tech Wizard

just had a lockup on 3rd level...display driver stopped on me.
Wonder if that was the settings or something else?.
I'll back a few off
Everything was going good till then

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Did you ever test it out?

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

I didn't do a LOT of testing, due to not having a real SLI board (one I had is borked). I did test quick with 2560x1600 with High... that was a no go. I believe the GPUs themselves are not the problem though, but rather the resolution and all the textures that need to be l oaded into the memory. That might be why the 8800 GTX cards still proved to be the best for Tri-SLI even though the 8800GTS 512 outperforms it in some regards.