Next Best Game?

phonywish

Obliviot
I haven't been keeping up to date with release schedules for games. Wondering what the next best game that will be coming out is?

GeekGirl

Obliviot
If Will Wright has anything to say, and believe me, he won't shut up sometimes - Spore will be the next big thing. But don't hold your breath.

werty316

Partition Master
Checkout gamespot.com for all your gaming needs. I would have to say Crysis is one of them for sure.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I agree with you Orbit. I'd like to add UT2007 to the list also... can't wait for that one.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am dying to get ahold of Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends.

Big fan of the original RoN and Generals and AoE III just keep putting my in the mood for a new RTS...

MaRm

Obliviot
DarkSynergy said:
I am dying to get ahold of Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends.

Big fan of the original RoN and Generals and AoE III just keep putting my in the mood for a new RTS...

I hope the graphics don't suck as bad as the original Rise of Nations. My biggest complaint about the original RoN was the graphics looked like they were from the 1990s.

Ben

Site Developer
And we all know that you can't play a game that looks like its from the 90's. Thats why DOOM sucked, it looked so 90's ish. Half Life way too 90's ish. Everquest, same thing. Starcraft. Warcraft. Damn 90's. Bad graphics made all those games suck.

gliffy

Obliviot
I do not know why marm and orbit are both complaining about graphics.

Isn't the fun in the game in the gameplay? Starcraft invented a whole new generation of real time strategy games. I loved that game.

Ben

Site Developer
gliffy said:
I do not know why marm and orbit are both complaining about graphics.

Isn't the fun in the game in the gameplay? Starcraft invented a whole new generation of real time strategy games. I loved that game.

I was being sarcastic in that post in an attempt to wonder just what games marm plays.

MaRm

Obliviot
Orbit said:
I was being sarcastic in that post in an attempt to wonder just what games marm plays.

I enjoy strategy games, but ones that have decent graphics. Not stick-figure graphics like in RoN. I play Empire Earth, the expansion, and Empire Earth II. Both RoN and Empire Earth tried to cover ages of history. Empire Earth just happens to do a much better job at it with better graphics.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have no gripes what so ever with the way RoN looked. It was made a couple of years ago but still, I love that game.

I am excited to see how the Ageia PPU changes the way it will be played.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
MaRm said:
I enjoy strategy games, but ones that have decent graphics. Not stick-figure graphics like in RoN. I play Empire Earth, the expansion, and Empire Earth II. Both RoN and Empire Earth tried to cover ages of history. Empire Earth just happens to do a much better job at it with better graphics.

I didn't care much for EE II. I liked it but not enough to play on on a consistent basis. To me, those graphics didn't do it for me. Obviously we can agree to disagree on the graphics front.

supramax

Obliviot
DarkSynergy said:
I have no gripes what so ever with the way RoN looked. It was made a couple of years ago but still, I love that game.

I am excited to see how the Ageia PPU changes the way it will be played.

I also loved Rise of Nations, including Thrones and Patriots. I liked the campaign game and I doubly liked the multiplayer aspect. There were Saturdays and Sundays where I got on at 1 PM and I was still playing multiplayer after midnight.

Don't know why some people are complaining about the graphics. The graphics looked fine for me.

Last edited: