New watercooling rig

brettmar

Obliviot
Well, it's watercooling time. I have an antec superlanboy right now, and want to put this bad boy in it.

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-60.html

Now, I want opinions on the equipment I will be buying. Anything anyone thinks would be better? Here is what I will be cooling.

P4 3.0EE
Asus P4C800 Deluxe Northbridge Chip (i875)
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
WD Raptor (using Koolance HDD Cooler)

Now, looking at the pump, it looks like a Hydor L30. I can afford to go to an eheim 1048 or higher, but do you think I really need to? Fan replacement?

brettmar

Obliviot
Definitely not. My cherry was popped with a Koolance PC601 blw. :( I rigged it to cool my GPU, CPU, Chip and HDD. It never maintained the temps I wanted, so I went with an old chevy blazer heatercore, PVC rez, Hydor l20 pump, tygon 3/8 tubing, custom barbs, and my whitewater CPU block. At the time, I only cooled the cpu, because money was tight when I bought my house. I needed more, pretty, cooler stuff, so I got a swiftech TEC. Well, that sucked....Condensation blew out my board/proc, my fault, didn't know about neoprene or dielectric fluid....:p

Nosebiter

Obliviot
Heh heh. Good i'm a water cool freak myself. Seriously though the asetek is a good system, the guys at frozencpu can also recomend some stuff that fits your case specifically. I myself mix and match until I find the performance level I am looking for.

brettmar

Obliviot
I tend to do that too, but Right now I am not really going to be doing the ultimate Overclocking Rig, but rather a mod project in the works. I need something with somewhat of a low profile, yet decent temperatures with a 75 Degree ambient temp.