New Build 4/4/08

BlackAndy

Obliviot
Hello All!
First off, I owe a huge thanks to Greg (DarkSynergy) and Rob(the Man in charge).
Last evening we put the new rig together...(by this I mean Greg worked while I watched, BS'ed, and drank...)
The stats are:
Intel Q6600 Quad-Core
Asus Silent Knight Cooler
Asus Maximus Formula SE mother board
Crucial Ballistix 2gig Ram Kit
XFX GeForce 8800 GT Alpha Dog
Seagate Baracuda 750GB HDD
Pioneer SATA DVD-R
Antec 900

All I can say is WOW!:D
I actually fell asleep at my computer last night...
Sadly I am at work today, but the gaming will commence after 5:30 EDT.
More details and pics coming soon.
-BlackAndy

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Ahhhh yes, that excitment of a new computer......I get a fix once a year

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:
Linux os right now

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Well, a new PC is always a great thing but lets consider where he was coming from.

Asus A7N8X-E and an AMD Athlon XP Barton Core 2500+. I think your video card was what, a GeForce 5200? This is a long over due upgrade.

BlackAndy

Obliviot
Yes this was a very long overdue upgrade.... would have done it sooner if it wasn't for that damn girl friend.;)
I haven't made up my mind on the ACER 22" LCD yet, I will need a few more hours of gaming to see if I like it or not.
If I don't like it I'll probably take it back and save up for the Dell 24".

Nice PC there, but if your more of a gamer I would have got the E8400 45nm Dual Core. You can reach 4.0Ghz with an overclock, and a 8800gts 512 :p

Yes this was a very long overdue upgrade.... would have done it sooner if it wasn't for that damn girl friend.;)
I haven't made up my mind on the ACER 22" LCD yet, I will need a few more hours of gaming to see if I like it or not.

Samsung 226BW 2MS Responce Time= 0 Ghosting. 3000:1 Contrast Ratio, this is the best monitor I have ever owned and I have owned alot. It's 22" and looks sexy heres mine.

Attachments

• IMG_4582.JPG
    IMG_4582.JPG
    747.4 KB · Views: 540

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Aaaaahhhhhhh the single life......

No one to:
Have to report to
Worry about you and then bless you out when you do get home
Tell you how to spend your hard earned paycheck
Put the toilet paper on backwards
clean your AREA, and loose everything.
throw your beer bottle away before you finish

etc...
etc...
And I get some other than Xmas and Valentines day:eek:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Samsung 226BW 2MS Responce Time= 0 Ghosting. 3000:1 Contrast Ratio, this is the best monitor I have ever owned and I have owned alot. It's 22" and looks sexy heres mine.
Too clean of an area...you need more beer bottles around and bits of paper...lol

BlackAndy

Obliviot
Aaaaahhhhhhh the single life......

No one to:
Put the toilet paper on backwards
etc...

How did you know?!!!?
That is one thing that I always notice when she comes over!!! and I always have to fix it at her house.:D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have never really noticed this until I read your post Merlin. I too live with a woman that does this. Strange and spooky that I'm not the only one this happens to.

Getting this thread back on track... I'm about to post a few pics of the process.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Very nice, I bet the change blew ya away! I upgraded from a similar era system (Northwood P4) to an E6300... except you got a absurd upgrade on your GPU's performance as well. :D

Remember the monitor is the biggest investment for a computer, they tend to outlast the computer so be sure you are happy with your monitor... ;) The way prices are going on the Dell, it might be worth considering. Unfortunately they only show the "cheap" 24" Dell display info here: http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/36629/118/

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Where dem pics...we love pics....lol :D
I'll start it off...with...

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
same monitor i have. love it

on a nerdier note, i love them smell of new hardware. MMMM!!!!
Oh hell yeah...Like a new car smell...only geekified in a metal case...mmmm
Nothing like it............

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Where dem pics...we love pics....lol :D
I'll start it off...with...

Will have to upload on Monday when I have access to internet thats not measured in Kbps.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Congrats on the new rig bro, that thing is going to kick serious ass!

Remember the monitor is the biggest investment for a computer, they tend to outlast the computer so be sure you are happy with your monitor... ;)

That is incredibly true, and a fact I tend to always overlook when recommending parts to someone (sorry Andy!).

Will have to upload on Monday when I have access to internet thats not measured in Kbps.

Every time you say something like that, the TG Forums cry a little.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's a great looking PC! I wouldn't have changed much of anything, to be honest. That hard drive is going to treat you well... that's for sure. Good luck filling that up!