Need some help here.

madmat

Soup Nazi
The MSI K8N-Diamond is an awesome board. The A8N32SLI is also a great board but then again so are the DFI-D series.

werty316

Partition Master
Before you go buy a new board you should run more tests like memtest86x be to be sure the memory is fine. Also try using a memory divider when OC'ing. Try OC'ing using a memory divider and set the CPU at a lower multiplier to see if it is the board. Try setting the command rate to 2T to see if that helps.

Last edited:

leecho7

Partition Master
The memory is already set to 2T. My system had the same problem with my old memory, even though they worked perfectly fine in my old system. I ran prime95 for several hours doing all the tests and passed without errors.
I'll try dividing the memory and see if that works.

werty316

Partition Master
Its always best to try different tests to make sure it isn't another part but since you had the same problem with your old memory its probably your board. Does Asus suck?

leecho7

Partition Master
Ok, I lowered my cpu multiplier from 11 (stock) to 10, and increased the frequency. Right now I'm at 2.4 gigs, and so far it's running fine. However my memory is running at 220 mhz at 1t.
I'm just going to get a new mobo. I was planning on it anyway, to start experimenting with SLI.

The Asus mobo I have right now is decent, considering it's only 70 bucks. However, it is very limiting.