Need Help!!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I installed the new Cat 10.10 and that's where all the problems started. Since installing it my clocks are locked at stock no matter what I try. I uninstalled the 10.10s and went back to 10.9 and still locked. I have no idea what to try, I have no clue if it was a M$ update or what but if I cant figure it out I am gonna reformat. I looked through the registry and nothing, couldn't find anything related to clocks.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I give up..... I did so many reformats and test installs i cant take it >.< now im sitting here with a blank install and still no closer to solving the problem...... Wtf happened?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
It took me a day to understand what you meant, lol, i was looking at it too literal.... cat 10.10? ohhh... Catalyst driver 10.10... clocks, overclocked from stock.... Sorry, i really had no idea what you meant initially. Cat 10.10 locked your clocks at stock.... i really thought you meant your actual system clock, as in, time, lol...

Anyway. So you've done all the usual, including a format and get the same problem. After the format, did you use 10.10 again or use 10.9 instead? Is overdrive greyed out or can you activate it but it just won't keep the settings?

For the time being, you could use a 3rd party tool, like the MSI Afterburner, allows you to clock further than the overdrive tool, as well as overvolt (should you need it). It's basically rivatuner with a new GUI, easier to use, etc. I've lost overdrive support on my GPU's before, yet for some reason, they mysteriously re-appear at some point, very irritating, so just use another tool.