NEED HELP!!!!! removing ALCAN.I

TaxiDriver65

Obliviot
My computer started acting strange,Extremly slowwww.I opend internet explorer pages started downloading so slow in bits and pieces. ran i virus scan (i use ZONE ALARM INTERNET SECURITY5.5) picked up ALCAN.I now the computer is worse it locks up ,freezes and i have to unplug to reboot.Can anyone help? first time posting Also tried wiping hard drive and it did'nt help. Thanks for anyone's help.Aso if i wipe drive willit remove virus? or iv'e heard it would be easier to replace hard drive

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Good find T-Shirt, that looks great. Almost feel like getting the Alcan on purpose just to remove it =)

T-Shirt

E.M.I.
well I don't know if that's a good idea:eek: , those instructions are 4+ months old. all the major AV sites have manual instructions (alot of steps, a lot of work) but some mention that ALCAN can also install other worms making the removal job even harder.
Since ALCAN is known to spread almost exclusively via P2P, buying a new drive makes that free software/music pretty expensive;)

dibene

Obliviot
Rob Williams said:
Almost feel like getting the Alcan on purpose just to remove it =)

Just a heads up to all the young, impressional Techgagers out there: Please use a different approach when confronting Chlamydia or Syphilis. ;)