Need for Speed: SHIFT 2

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
So... I admit that this game kind of came out of NOWHERE for me, because I was oblivious to the fact that EA broke the Need for Speed series into two sections - one for "sim-ish' gameplay, the other for typical NFS open-world racing.

Despite being a huge NFS fan, I haven't been quite on top of clearing through the latest games, and still have Undercover, Shift 1 and Hot Pursuit to catch up on. And, I have Shift 2 downloading as we speak on Steam. So, I think over the next couple of weeks, I'll use spare moments I have to jump in and race, and start clearing through these.

Since SHIFT 2 is the most recent release, I might tackle that the quickest given I might be able to churn out a review for the game. Has anyone else picked it up? Have any thoughts about it? IGN gave the console versions 8.5/10, and GameTrailers gave it an 8.9. Whew, seems like EA has done a good job of turning this series around :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I've been out of touch with the series since Carbon but was all about Underground and Underground 2. It's something I'd like to get back into but I'm in the same boat as you - no time.

killem2

Coastermaker
I plan on checking it out soon. I love the way they went with NFS, now if we can just get an r-factor + need for speed + dirt2 + f1 spawn I'd be set :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I plan on checking it out soon. I love the way they went with NFS, now if we can just get an r-factor + need for speed + dirt2 + f1 spawn I'd be set :D

LOL! That might be a bit busy of a game. Might as well get some motorbike racing in there also :D

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
+ monster truck... oh wait, all of that is in motorstorm... yay! I'll skip the Social and money grinding thanks...