My quest for 26 seconds in Super Pi...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Damn nice! I gotta get me one of those coolers sometime.

You are really pushing that 3000+ hard. I can see you hitting 26 soon enough haha. And I just broke 30 sec :(

madmat

Soup Nazi
Trust me, I know all too well that beer will freeze and given a low enough temperature any alcohol will freeze as well but I was kidding around about the beer thing, at first I'd thought it was a cold box for circulating coolant through ice or dry ice until I found it in your post.

Very ingenious setup, someday I'm planning to build a chiller myself.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
How exactly is that working Silly? Just like water cooling, but on a grander scale?

madmat

Soup Nazi
The one I'm planning to build involves 2 loops, a 225W TEC and a liquid to liquid heat exchanger all packed in a gutted Shuttle XPC case.

The hot side of the TEC will be cooled by a dedicated loop with a single 120mm heatercore rad, the cold side will feed anti-freeze to a liquid to liquid heat exchanger via a waterblock (basically it will have 2 waterblocks on the TEC, one to cool it and one to get chilled) and the water in my PC loop will get pre-cooled by the rads in my system then circulte through the heat exchanger prior to feeding into my system.

I'm not looking for massive temperature drops just better cooling with a CPU temp as closr to ambient under load as possible.

madmat

Soup Nazi
That ram bandwidth is just freaking insane considering you're running a divider...I'm very impressed.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That is an awesome rig man! Great work on the cooling system. I don't think I'll ever do something that extensive but man is it nice! Great scores and good luck hitting that 26 sec mark :D