My Antec 900 Internal water cooling project

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
OK, I promised pictures of this once I got it all installed. I finished it up yesterday and just got finished leak testing for ~20hrs. I removed the drive cages and installed the MCR220 radiator up front with the 2 fans pulling through it. On the backside of the cage, I mounted a MCP355 and I am using an Apogee GT waterblock. I wasn't gonna bother with a reservoir, but I do prefer them for the added simplicity of bleeding the air. Here's the pics:

Keeps my CPU @ 33C idling @ 3.5GHz w/1.28V Vcore and 45C under PRIME95 same settings. I haven't tried pushing the CPU much since I got it, one of these days......

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Thanks guys. I am almost ashamed of my less than stellar wiring job, but it is better than my usual wild freestyle look. I was nervous that the Swiftech rad would be overwhelmed because it is kinda wimpy, but it sure works good.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Thanks guys. I am almost ashamed of my less than stellar wiring job, but it is better than my usual wild freestyle look. I was nervous that the Swiftech rad would be overwhelmed because it is kinda wimpy, but it sure works good.
I had the Antec 900 and there isn't much room to cable....but this looks good for what you have...for sure :D

Merlin :techgage:

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
That BFG gives you a lot of room for growth on the PSU side! Good job making the best of all of those extra cables!
Water loop is nice too! Goo performance out of that CPU block?

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Looks like a great job to me, including the wiring. I eventually gave up trying to organize mine... for a much smaller case to my P180 that's a pretty tidy WC setup.

Any room for a bigger rad there, or no?

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Thanks guys! I am happy enough with the wiring, don't get me wrong. Only a modular PSU would free up any dead space, although it is less cluttered than it looks.

@ NicePants42: As for those Noctua fans, they are readily availably now pretty much anywhere. They are sooo much better than the originals.

@ Tech-Daddy: Yes, that block is doing quite well. I am up to 3.6Ghz with the load temp stopping @ 47C and when I stop stress testing it pretty much jumps straight back to 33C.

@ Kougar: Well, technically I could put a triple 120MM radiator up front if I removed the DVD drive. I saw an interesting mod to install a laptop DVD drive in the bottom of the case and there is actually room for it to open out the front. If you have seen the 900 in person, you will understand where the space is and it is even possible to make it look like it is supposed to be there. Since I have no plans on spreading the watercooling to anything besides the CPU I am good for now.

I do have a laptop DVD to IDE converter I could use too. There is a good chance I will do that mod and I want to flip the PSU over too so I will need to cut a hole in the floor of case for the 140M fan to breathe. I haven't taken the time to properly mod a PC in over a year so I am going to do this one up a bit. I have a crapload of cathodes and other doo-dads I can use too. I used to only buy $20-$30 cases and completely mod them myself but I got lazy and started buying more expensive ones. I forgot how much fun it is to do it yourself.

Here's a link to that dvd case mod:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=285390

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I'm planning on doing something simular with a TT Armor and a triple radiator up front, everything seems like it should fit ..............;)

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Looks nice, I wish I had some sort of painting skills. I can build pretty much anything, mod the sheet metal into what I need/want, but I have a hell of a hard time getting the paint to come out looking right...............:(

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Looks nice, I wish I had some sort of painting skills. I can build pretty much anything, mod the sheet metal into what I need/want, but I have a hell of a hard time getting the paint to come out looking right...............:(
Yeah, he was so excited just to get a computer, mush less a mod paint job.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Nice!!! I have zero painting skills as well. Although a nice paintjob would be wasted on my PC since it sits inside a cave in my right hand desk pier.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
What PCI card is that, just above the PSU ?

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage: