Music..

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Aight, two months and no discussion on music. WTF are we thinking? What type of stuff do you peeps listen to? I am a punk music type of guy, but will listen to anything. Favorite bands are:

Bad Religion, Offspring, DJ Tiesto, Nine Inch Nails, The Ramones, NoFX, Social Distortion, Pennywise, The Thermals, Welt, Brooklyn Bounce, Bouncing Souls, Creed, Black Flag and too many more to mention :(

So cough it up peeps.. favorite bands.

leecho7

Partition Master
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, cause I always do when I post in forums about my music, but what the hell.

I listen to pretty much all types.
Favorite Artists

Citizen Cope
Sevendust
Rob Dougan
Public Enemy
Tupac
Wutang Clan
NWA
Dropkick Murpheys
Pinkerton Thugs
Old school Metallica
Akira Ymaoka
Ghetto Boys
Wycleff Jean
Louis Armstrong
Ella Fitzgerald (can't remember how to spell her last name)
Peter Gabriel
Reel Big Fish
Phil Collins
Bone Thugs n Harmony
The Clash

and many more.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
^^

I like most music, but I have my favorites, and main ones I usually listen to. Classical music is on the top of my list as well, but no particular songs, just the category as a whole. Like, songs from movies or video games... yeah, I'm a major geek. Here's just a couple I like:

David Bowie <3
Evanesence
Hoobastank

Yeah... that's me ;)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Finally! Someone besides me that likes Hoobastank.

Lee, cool collection. I love the Wu Tang and Dropkick as well.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Do i have to choose favorites? I mean i listen to every genra of music there is. (Including alot of game remixes off of OCremixes)

Top Bands:

Metallica (no question bow to the glory that is)
The Eagles
The Glenn Miller Band (big band music out of the early 1900's)
IRON MAIDEN
Led Zepplin

List of runners up that depends on ym mood for the day:

Ayume Hamasaki
M.O.V.E
Jay - Z
The Beetles
Meatloaf
Darkesword (DJ from oc remixes)
Evanescance
Credence Clear Water Revival
Bon Jovi
Megadeath
The Gorillaz
Beastie Boys
Ludacris
F.I.R
Green Day
Duke Ellington
Blood Sweat and Tears
AC/DC

Greg214

Obliviot
i got the ramones - i wanna be sedated video if ur interested lemme know i'll put it on ftp for u. by the way i like social distortion they r pretty talented.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks Greg, but I have it already. I *love* that video.

You have good taste in music. You are lucky to live near where punk music is really popular.. I'm a reject up here!

Greg214

Obliviot
punk/vegas

haha yeah i know a lotta my friends go to this one joint called the roadhouse where all they have is punk bands there like every weekend. u would like vegas jus to visit cuz it is too dam wicked hot here in da summertime. if u come make sure u never come in june july or august lol

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha, I'll definitely remember that.

For sure about the Punk bands, I would be in heaven. Tons of local gigs and smaller venues.. but absolutely zilch up here. Unless you like Sum 41 and that hardcore mainstream stuff.

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
madstork91 said:
Ive been on a beethoven and mozart kick lately...

Oh and some Frank

Yeah, I had a time when I repeatedly listened to the Pathetique Sonata, Appasionata, the Moonlight Sonata, etc, like an obsession... And they still are among my favorites. The Mendelssohns, Mozart, Schubert, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Maher, Wagner, Handel, the Bachs, Vivaldi, Verdi, Paganini, Bizet, and oh so many many great others I listen to.

Then of course metal (death, speed, flash, black, heavy, etc), Trance (esp Tiesto, van Buuren, and Ferry Corsten), some Japanese bands (X-Japan, hide, L'arc en Ciel, Glay, etc), jazz and blues (esp Armstrong), and man...so many.

During CSS though, it's usually Tool, Iron Maiden, Metalica, Kalmah, hour long lives of trance DJs, Wagner, or Rachmaninoff. :cool:

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
lol...frank sinatra was something my neighbor played when we were studying for hours and hours for exams and term papers... we didn't need any assistance to feel its surreal effects..