Music money makers 2012

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
Wow, there is a LOT of country on that list. I'm quite surprised...I'm also really surprised at the lack of hip-hop and rap on there!

Corsico

Obliviot
Wow, there is a LOT of country on that list. I'm quite surprised...I'm also really surprised at the lack of hip-hop and rap on there!

Don't be. Most rap shows consist of a ton of acts. There aren't many groups that can carry a huge concert such as the type that Jay-Z and Kanye headline. They're literally in a class all by themselves. Wu-Tang, as popular as they are, can't sell out Madison Square Garden all by themselves. They'd need at least 5 other undercard groups to open up for 'em. Once you start cutting that pie, the individual acts don't really make much.

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
Don't be. Most rap shows consist of a ton of acts. There aren't many groups that can carry a huge concert such as the type that Jay-Z and Kanye headline. They're literally in a class all by themselves. Wu-Tang, as popular as they are, can't sell out Madison Square Garden all by themselves. They'd need at least 5 other undercard groups to open up for 'em. Once you start cutting that pie, the individual acts don't really make much.

Interesting... I never really knew that, and looking at some of the recent tours, I see you're right on the money with that summary, Corsico! Thanks for sharing.