MSI Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
On the lookout for a higher-end graphics card, but value both temperatures and acoustics? MSI, with its Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition (*phew*) may have just what you're looking for. In our tests, it often settled right beside more expensive offerings, and where acoustics and temperatures are concerned, it can't be beat.

You can read through our full review of MSI's Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III and then discuss it here!

cold2010

Obliviot
Great review as usual

i refer to an important point,GPU Water Simulation and Bokeh Filter, These properties do not have any cards with AMD

just_cause_2_1920x1080.png

,This should not be activated with NVIDIA cards during the test

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
i refer to an important point,GPU Water Simulation and Bokeh Filter, These properties do not have any cards with AMD

Thanks a ton for letting us know that... do you happen to have a URL to back it up? It'd make sense, but NVIDIA has never mentioned this to us, and of course AMD didn't either. Fortunately, we're planning to introduce an overhaul on our game suite soon, so I am hoping we will not be publishing another GPU review (aside from an upcoming look at the HD 6770) until that's done.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
The non-reference heatsink should allow for some serious overclocking. I'd say you might be able to match a stock 580 if not beat it.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
So I've check around the Internuts and found that at stock voltages this card could potentially deliver a 10% overclock to put it within 2% of a GTX 580. Increasing the voltage could put it well past that provided the cooler and airflow within the case is up to the task.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
So I've check around the Internuts and found that at stock voltages this card could potentially deliver a 10% overclock to put it within 2% of a GTX 580. Increasing the voltage could put it well past that provided the cooler and airflow within the case is up to the task.
Awesome! :D

Edit: Damn it! Out of stock at newegg! Available at Tigerdirect it is!

Last edited: