MP3s

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I recently purchased an MP3 player from best buy. Now let me tell you if you have the $149 to blow... OMG this is a good buy!

Samsung YP-T7 X

The one I bought came with 512MB of memory a color screen and a rechargable lithium battery that they say lasts 10 hours... I've literally been playing this thing since yesterday after I charged it. (except fo while I was asleep) Even last night when some girls dropped over, I had it off when they got there and on the coffe table... It didn't take one of em long before she had it playing in her ear. Im on my 10th or so hour now and it finally dropped its first bar. :)

Cute lil thing and the girl wasnt half bad either. This thing doesnt take up much more than a 4th of my palm. Comes with all the usuall bells and trimings that have been put on MP3 players lately, FM tuner (a pretty good one) as well as a picture viewer (havent tested it yet) SRS boost and trubass (some of em have it and some of em don't) One of my main concerns was will the mp3 player have enough sound output to please my inner headbanger... Hell yeah it does... I took it to walmart with me and I was head slamming to Iron Maiden while pulling out my milk... Technology is a beatiful thing.

I highly recomend looking at this thing, if you dont like it hey you got 30 days to return it. Whats to lose? Beside a lil self respect for buying samsung instead of a precious lil iPod... *rolls eyes*

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Glad you like it man.

I've never used a Samsung player, but hopefully will in the future. iPOD's are good if you want a LOT of music on the go, but if you don't mind loaded off music all the time, then 512MB is great.

Of course, you may not swap music as much as I do, hehe.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Its basically going to be used this summer for workouts... :) hell dont have nothing on Texas when it gets hot.

Last edited:

madstork91

The One, The Only...
To start this post i would like to draw attention to a previously made comment.

Glad you like it man...

iPOD's are good

um... you lose! Good day sir!

To add to this thread some depth I would like to state the following...

THE Samsung YP-T7 X Sux serious dick. And not the good kind where it is your dick in extacy. The bad kind where there are a lot of teeth and possibly a female with a prickly mustache kind. Hell it may even be the kind closer to freedy mercury of queen mustache kina thing, but seeing as Ive never experianced any level of such a thing (with the exception of an unexperianced girl and teeth) I am going on what I can only imagine being painful.

The thing literally died on me. :( Just after its warranty expired to add insult to injury. No support was given to me, and there was never a solution found. The thing will lock up upon booting it and resets do nothing for it.

OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW.

A few months ago I picked up a Sansa e260. (by sandisk) This thing so far rox my sox! PLAYS VIDEO (I can put a whole dvd on here unsing their media codec while only taking up a lil more than 1gb) The sound is crisp! the video was clear (relatively considering the size of the screen) And though it may have taken me a day to get used to the button configuration, I now kinda like it.

Now for what prompted me to write this post:
A you may or may not know i deal with seasonal insomnia. So I was bored into yet another evening of sleeplessness and decided to do some browsing. I had some problems with a USB port earlier and rectified the problems since i had the time; but after that I remembered looking at the sansa website awhile back when i was looking for a new mp3 player and there was something posted about a firmware upgrade in the works. So i checked back and there it was. Yes, the company made a firmware upgrade. No, the upgrade was not just to fix a bug or two. One of the main things I missed about the samsung was the custom EQ. The sansa e series did not have this before the upgrade, and in addition to it they added two other presets (full treble, and full bass)

I highly recomend this player (or possibly the 8gb version I think that they just released. That is ~ 6 movies with some space for music left over)

If it dies on me, Ill let EVERYone know about it, but as of yet the only complaint I have had about it is the non winamp support. I love winamp to DETH! [sic] And winamp has trouble recognizing it after putting on some songs labled in several different asianic languages. No support for this either. :-/ oh well. Cant win at everything, isn't that right you iPod lurving freak of a man. (last comment directed at Roberto.)

amatuerfisher

Obliviot
I have had the sansa e270(the 6gig version) and i must say i feel the same. It is the first mp3 player i have owned and it rocks. I would recommend it to everyone

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Sometimes simple is better. If you dont have to have an obscene about of music, something small is the way to go. I am currently looking into a flash player but haven't really made up my mind as to which one.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Ive noticced alot of little stuff added that i didnt notice before in the update... Before if you plugged it into the computer your play order (when on random) or position of play (when in default 1-10 type of play) was reset back to the first song in the player. There is now a selection that resumes it from it's previous position. Ah the minor joys in life.

Oh and the custom eq rox! Im loving my custom setting.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
To my knowledge it isnt against the rules... hell we post links to sites in here all the time. ;-p

I would like to note that I unplugged my Sansa and looked at the radio options as after reading your post I remembered seeing something in the options once upon a day. There is a raidio setting for: USA, Japan, and World. I think the euro is included in "world" but dont quote me on that. The world may or may not also have been included in the firmware update.

As for your comment on the buttons... As an ex footballer with quite the above avg sized hands, I dont seem to have a problem using them. I would even go so far as to say I have cubby fingers. (I once returned a phone after a few days because I couldnt dial the numbers correctly for the buttons being too small.)

amatuerfisher

Obliviot
I got those list of specs directly from the sandisk site, I live in NC so I can't be sure if the Europe actually gets radio or not.

I'm glad to hear that you don't have a problem with the buttons, it took some getting used to but I have no problem at all now

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Yeah, it is definately a different interface than that of my samsung.

Have your gotten a firmware upgrade for it yet? I am enjoying the newly added features.

amatuerfisher

Obliviot
The only OS's that I am running is win2k and vista rc1 and the firmware updater only works on XPsp2 :( so sadly i have not. If only they would have support for vista already.

Sandisk loses! Good day sir!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
contact the support for a way to upgrade without using hte updater. They should provide some way of doing so... Hell you might even instigate an alternative way of doing so for other folks in the same predicament.

amatuerfisher

Obliviot
I doubt they will provide a way seeing as how the box says "You must have windows XP to run this" and I said "I know a way around that!" and gave them a raspberry :)

I will try though. I don't really have a problem with the stock interface though

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Yeah but most (if there were any to begin with) of my annoyances have been solved :-d "oh JOY!" - Stimpy

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Well, it has been nearly a year... and a good run for my sansa...

Today while it was in my backpack, I tossed my backpack onto the back seat of my car and.. well... It is broken now.

It will still play, but what the name is of what it is playing is anyones guess... The screen is now distorted and the clear plastic that encased the top is cracked :-/

It was a great run! And I really enjoyed it. I think I purchased it within a week or two of my birthday a year ago, and my birthday is next wed. Not that I'm expecting anything in particular from you guys... But a new one would be nice :)