Mozilla's Firefox 4 Greeted to Good Reception

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
After months of delays, Mozilla has finally released its Firefox 4 Web browser, and so far it has already accrued over 8 million downloads. Generally, if a product's release date keeps getting pushed back, it makes it even harder for the end-result to live up to the hype. Is Firefox 4 an exception to this rule? It seems so.

mozilla_firefox_4_032311.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
LOVE the new Firefox. I was surprised when they actually improved upon the last release candidate, which was surprisingly better than the beta. I know that's how software releases work but I was floored with the beta. This is a solid browser.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
After having used Chrome for about nine months, it feels good to be back with Firefox. I do hate the fact that the GUI is not as refined in Linux as it is in Windows, though. Fortunately, themes negate that problem.

There are a lot of things about Firefox I loved that I didn't even realize until after I used Chrome. The login/password save is huge for me, as an example. I am constantly logging into services, and I'd rather have a feature like this built into my browser than have to rely on an extension.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
a friend was telling me that the new Internet Explorer 9 is great! That it might beat the competition!??