Mozilla to Ramp up Versioning Scheme in 2011

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Up until a couple of months ago, I had been using Mozilla's Firefox Web browser since long before it even became "Firefox". As I moved over to Chrome, I began to notice that Firefox 4.0 was beginning to take quite a number of features or aesthetic cues from Chrome, among others, and I apparently wasn't the only one. Though it could be a blessing in disguise, Firefox isn't quite as unique as it once was.

mozilla_firefox_meta_bold_large_021011.png

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Firefox 7.0 by the end of the year is just crazzy!

they should work on making sure 4.0 is so damn good, that there is no need for a Firefox 7.0 for a long loong time!

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
wow...what the hell. They need to finish 4.0 and work on upgrading that for the rest of the year...then think about a 5.0, not freaking 7.0

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
wow...what the hell. They need to finish 4.0 and work on upgrading that for the rest of the year...then think about a 5.0, not freaking 7.0

It's probably just a ploy to make computer users think it's a significantly upgraded version. Or more likely, they purposely do it so when users are running version 4 and notice version 7 out they will think their browser is horribly old and quickly go update it. ;)