Mozar Tx Mod

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Still waiting for some other parts, I decided to open the front for more air flow. After all, there are four fans and it seems not enough available air.
So, I drilled and coutersunk 54 holes in front of the four fans on the front of the case.
As well as a simulated carbon fiber paint job
Four clear coats
Merlin

Attachments

• DSCF0438small.jpg
    DSCF0438small.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 746
  • DSCF0447small.jpg
    DSCF0447small.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:

Krazy K

Partition Master
Why did you stop at 54, you break the bit? To think that you have been half a$$ing it all this time...ugh.

But the paint is cool, you overly that mesh in the background and spray a lighter color?

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
But the paint is cool, you overly that mesh in the background and spray a lighter color?
[/quote]

Yuppers, your ordinary non skid material from Wally World.
Thats why I kept it in the image, came out pretty dam good when you go flat black, silver or aluminium, then Flat Black again...the of course then 4 clear coats, it brings out the grain in the simulated carbon fiber
LOL....I may do the hood of my car, next
Merlin

Krazy K

Partition Master

Merlin[/QUOTE]

Hmm..I could do that to the front of my Cosmos, but the gloss is too nice I don't want to cover that up, maybe the top tray instead.

Oh please no! Unless you have one of those pointless I mean super cool aluminum wings on the back of your front wheel drive car.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
10 not enough?

As the case comes with locations for 10 fans, I decided that was not enough.
So, I took the 200mm fan off of the Aluminum Armor case and put it in the top of the Mozart Case.

Merlin
Continuing mods to come

Attachments

• DSCF0449Fansmall002.jpg
    DSCF0449Fansmall002.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 713
  • DSCF0454fanSmall01.jpg
    DSCF0454fanSmall01.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Merlin

Hmm..I could do that to the front of my Cosmos, but the gloss is too nice I don't want to cover that up, maybe the top tray instead.

Oh please no! Unless you have one of those pointless I mean super cool aluminum wings on the back of your front wheel drive car.[/quote]
Check it out :eek:)

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
As the case comes with locations for 10 fans, I decided that was not enough.
So, I took the 200mm fan off of the Aluminum Armor case and put it in the top of the Mozart Case.

Merlin
Continuing mods to come
I had to reverse the fan to blow up and out....I dont think you can just reverse the wires even though it is DC....tried it and it didn't work

Merlin

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Right, just about every tube-axial PC fan you can buy these days is configured to have its discharge on the label side of the fan. And since the fan motors are electronically commutated (the process by which motor windings are energized and de-energized to produce movement of the armature is controlled by an IC), wiring the fan in reverse simply won't work.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hah, way to take an already crazy case and modify the heck out of it Merlin. I can't believe that chassis allows TEN fans... that's insane. You are going to have one loud case when you're done.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Hah, way to take an already crazy case and modify the heck out of it Merlin. I can't believe that chassis allows TEN fans... that's insane. You are going to have one loud case when you're done.
LOL
Actually it is quite quiet.
I moved everything from the Armor case to the Mozart Monster today.
The fans ( 8 right now ) run slower, but move more air.
The photos show two bays open for the CoolIt NV200, due to arrive Monday from CoolIt.
The guys from CoolIt are great to work with, it's just they are behind in production..
I'll post some more pics from the other computer ( card reader there )

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Finally

I put everything into the case today.
This case is great for hiding wires
I did have to mod the CoolIt Freezone, the case is built a little different than the Armor case.
The Freezone mounting was too close to the Northbridge and the CPU
Getting better temps on CPU ( 24C, was 28C, idle ) and GTX280 ( 45C, was 49C , idle )
Some Pics
We love pics, huh?

Merlin

Attachments

• Wiring_small.jpg
    Wiring_small.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 721
  • DSCF0471relocate_small.jpg
    DSCF0471relocate_small.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 699
Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Got my new toy today, the GPU cooler from CoolIt
As I suspected, the Mozart case is different from most and I had to even mod the cooler.
I mounted the cooler on the other side of the motherboard tray, just below the PSU.
Temps are great, but I may take off the two small fans and use a 120mm fan
So, it will not be in the bays, but, the front will be there just for looks
Pics to follow

Merlin

Attachments

• ddbgtx280.jpg
    ddbgtx280.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 704