Most Expensive Piece of Hardware You Own?

andanton

Obliviot
The most expensive piece of hardware that I own is my LCD 19" monitor at $300. Price on it has gone down now. However, it was $300 when I purchased it originally. Everything else in my machine costs less then the LCD monitor.

Everyone post in this thread their most expensive piece of hardware.

hmm I don't remember what my parts cost for my computer but I got my entire computer for $500 in July 2004 so the parts weren't expensive.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Well, what I paid and what it's going for now is two totally differant subjects.

I paid $425 for my 7800GT when they first came out.....now its like $275.

supramax

Obliviot
I paid about $500 for a 6800 Ultra, though I probably should of just gotten a 6800 GT an overclocked it. Live and learn.....

MaRm

Obliviot
You will laugh, but the most expensive hardware I got is my USB infrared wireless headphones [manufactured by Xdream]. Cost me two-hundred and fifty dollars. Still working great after a couple years.

discharge

Obliviot
My water cooling system was the most expensive piece of hardware in my computer. The cost of all the individual pieces that make up my water cooling unit runs over $400.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
discharge said:
My water cooling system was the most expensive piece of hardware in my computer. The cost of all the individual pieces that make up my water cooling unit runs over $400.
I'm not about to start adding up all my water cooling equipment.............:eek: I'd have a heart attack if I did.

supramax

Obliviot
sbrehm72255 said:
I'm not about to start adding up all my water cooling equipment.............:eek: I'd have a heart attack if I did.

I also use watercooling and I got one thing to say about it. It is a PERMANENT investment. Even though you may pay a lot, it lasts forever. You can use it again in your next computer system, then again in the next one, and again.

adabo24

Obliviot
I use air cooling. Not sensible to spend hundreds of dollars on water cooling to cool a cpu that only costs a couple hundred. Good air cooling is only 40.

In my personal computer, the highest price item is the video card for 289.

skyrise

Obliviot
Hmmms, let me think. What is the highest price item in my computer. Must be the CPU. Paid two hundred for the cpu.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, it was pricy at the time. If I realized the 7800GT's were out so soon after it I would have held off. It wasn't so bad for the first month, and because the 7800GTX's were launched less than two months after I bought it, the prices went down quite a bit.

I'm on my fourth 6800GT... and it hasn't blown up yet so I am content with it now.