Monster Rig.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
madmat said:
Hey, sbrehm, (I can't get used to not calling you BioHazard, man) are you going to run 2 dedicated loops with 2 pumps or Y the output from the pump and run to the rads then the aforementioned blocks?
If I can't get the temps I like with just the one pump, I'm going to go with 2. I still have 2 D4 sitting around here doing nothing and might as well put them to good use...............:D

dsc000504ea.jpg

As for the name changing, I thought it was time for a change for a while...............:eek: But I still use Bio-Hazard on some sites (old ones).

madmat

Soup Nazi
Very sweet. I like that alloy bodied pump, too bad it's mixing metals. You might as well let me have it since I'm running a bi-metalic loop anyways ;) J/K

BTW, I know who makes that pump but the name eludes me...

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
PolarFlo, I've also got matching CPU and GPU TT water blocks also.............:D So that pump is staying with the set, I'm going to use the other.............;)

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Well, I got both of the Swifty radiators installed and such, but I still need some different fans. The aluminum Evercools don't fit, they are slightly larger than a standard 120mm fan, so 3 won't fit next to each other, 2 side-by-side is pretty tight also. And I need 3 pin fan connectors to connect them to the fan controler so I just went and ordered 5 TT 80 CFM 120mm fans. The clear ones in the pic work ok but are onlt 1000 rmp and I'm wanting a bi more cooling power.

dsc000694zu.jpg

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Not as good as I hoped really, idle is around 27-28c with a load temp of 33-34c. That's at a room temp of 21c with my CPU @ 9x275 and GPU max OC'd at 450/550. The GPU idles at 25c with a max of 30c so far.

I was really hoping for a bit lower, we'll see what I get with the new fans when they get here.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Those temps are nothing to sneeze at though. I'd be happy with that small of a rise above ambient.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with them, I just thought that with the big radiator the temps would be lower. But I guess sooner or later you hit a lower limit and you're not going lower unless you get extreme................;)

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Still need a bit of wire management, but I'm still waiting on some new fans..........;)

dsc000721bt.jpg

dsc000733fc.jpg

Then I'll decide on if I need to run dual pumps or not.............;)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Just curious... looking at the WC rad arrangement, and please forgive my ignorance if I am speaking nutz.

Would temp drop if your hoses were located at the bottom instead of at the top? It would seem that convection would push the hot fluid to the top of the rad, with the cooler fluid settling to the bottom of the rads.

Anyone know if this would be an issue?

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Dosent really make any differance, it's all been tried before. It's sort of like your car radiator where the water inlet is alos on the top and as the water cools, it sinks to the bottom. If they were a single pass radiator, it might make a slight differance on some systems. The general idea is to keep as many bends out of the system tubing as possible to reduce restriction inside the loop.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
That just adds flow restriction, but I haven't tried that yet, I may do that next time around. Or maybe one radiator inbetween the CPU and GPU blocks.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I'm telling you man, running a Y will slow the water speed down through the rads due to the drop in velocity from splitting the flow in half (and if you'll use 3/4" Y's the resistance will be minimal at worst) so the water will spend nearly twice as long in the radiators :eek:

werty316

Partition Master
madmat said:
I'm telling you man, running a Y will slow the water speed down through the rads due to the drop in velocity from splitting the flow in half (and if you'll use 3/4" Y's the resistance will be minimal at worst) so the water will spend nearly twice as long in the radiators :eek:

Thats a good point so then the water can deperse heat more since it is running at a slower speed.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I'll give that idea a try the next time I drain the system, I see no problems running the tubing that way. As a matter of fact, Lee over at System Cooling suggested the same thing, but I just haven't gotten around to trying it. I even think I have a set of "Y" fitting floating around the shop somewhere.............:D

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I got around to putting a window in the last side panel of my case today. The other side has blue plexi in it and I didn't like the way it came out because it doesn't let enough light show through. So on the other side I used clear, but I don't like totally clear, so I gave it a bit of a frosted look by wet sanding it with 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper. It lets alot of light show through and really highlites the Bio-Hazard cutout. I think I'm going to redo the other side to match.

dsc001144qv.jpg

dsc001153sr.jpg

I know it isn't a huge mod like some, but at least I've got the hole filled..........;)