Monster Rig.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
It's got those plastic things on the bottom, maybe one day I'll get around to replacing them with some high quality rubber ones so it rolls a bit easier.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Find yourself a hospital supply shop and get 2 pair of "gurney wheels"... I believe each of those rolling beds weighs in excess of 300 lbs + weight of the occupant. And the wheels need ot ride smoothly! ;)

Might be a smidge big for your case...

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Thanks, it's been a lot of work building it and keeping it clean. I'm thinking about re-doing the water cooling again also................;)

fullpicture

Obliviot
sbrehm72255 said:
Thanks, it's been a lot of work building it and keeping it clean. I'm thinking about re-doing the water cooling again also................;)

Is water cooling worth the trouble? Usually with a very nice air heatsink, you can overclock to about the same as water cooling, and you don't need to worry about ever having to maintenance it after installation. Unlike water cooling.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
If it's worth it or not is more a personal thing these days unless you're planning on running max OC's all the time. With air cooling the sound of a high speed fan 24/7 would drive me up a wall, where with water cooling there isn't much noise at the same OC at all. To me it's worth it, plus it's my main hobby and helps pass the time.
I'm in the middle of updating the system now, not because the temps were bad, but because I was just getting tired of the way it was.......;) That and I wanted to have a bit more room and lighten the total weight of the case a little...............:)

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Here's a bit on the update I'm talking about.

I kind of got tired of the huge heater cores I had in my UFO , so I decided that I wanted to change things around a bit and to get rig of some weight along the way.
So I pulled both heater cores and everything that went along with them and for the time being install 1 Black Ice Extreme II in their place. Now I'm trying to get some cash together to get a Thermochill PA120.3 to install on the MoBo side of the case to go along with the BIX II on the right rear.
Pulling the heater cores sure makes my case look empty now and I bet about 20 lbs lighter. The differance in performance isn't as much as one would think, I gained about 2c-3c on the CPU and 2c on the video card, but I still only have a 8c delta between idle and load temps.
Here's some before and after pics with and without the heater cores............... :wink:

dsc002010fc.jpg

dsc000414ba.jpg

dsc002020av.jpg

dsc000393lx.jpg

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Well, after a lot of thought, I decided to get one of the new Swiftech triple radiators for about half the price of the thermochill. That way I can run the dual 120mm for the video card and use the triple for the CPU, that should keep things pretty cool I think................ ;) And still reduce the overall weight and give me more room as well. I'll just have to mad the front a little to make things fit the way I want.

I have one of these already....... ;)

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCR220-QP.asp

mcr2206fh.gif

This one should be here next week.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCR320-QP.asp

mcr3201kx.gif

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
The greatest mod of all is the ghetto RAM cooling setup there. We all have done it so no disrespect meant. Hell, I have a similar cooling solution for my RAM as well as Video capture card so I can't say anything, just admire your lone 80mm facing the memory :p

Got toast?
:techgage:

Worldstar

Obliviot
DarkSynergy said:
The greatest mod of all is the ghetto RAM cooling setup there. We all have done it so no disrespect meant. Hell, I have a similar cooling solution for my RAM as well as Video capture card so I can't say anything, just admire your lone 80mm facing the memory :p

Are you able to overclock the memory higher with the fan on it? I never thought a fan made much difference in memory overclocking, and am curious.

izzie

Obliviot
I use a fan on my memory also. Makes me feel a lot more comfortable knowing the fan is there, because the memory was expensive when I bought it. Hopefully it helps to extend the memory's lifetime.

adabo24

Obliviot
izzie said:
I use a fan on my memory also. Makes me feel a lot more comfortable knowing the fan is there, because the memory was expensive when I bought it. Hopefully it helps to extend the memory's lifetime.

The only time I had memory go bad was during that time that I had no fan on it. Taught me to always use a fan on my memory to keep it cool.

MaRm

Obliviot
I never used a fan on my memory in all the years that I have owned a computer, and it never went bad on me.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Some get lucky and some don't, like everything else with OC'ing it's the luck of the draw. And with the high cost of parts, why take chances, that is unless you're made out of money or someone else is buying your parts.......;)

fullpicture

Obliviot
Better to be safe then sorry. I rather be a tiny bit more careful now and save the money I would of put out later replacing my memory.

maddmaxx

E.M.I.
Well if it fails and you were cooling it then that's one thing you know that wasn't the cause for the failure. Heat. Safe is good.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Hey, sbrehm, (I can't get used to not calling you BioHazard, man) are you going to run 2 dedicated loops with 2 pumps or Y the output from the pump and run to the rads then the aforementioned blocks?

izzie

Obliviot
madmat said:
Hey, sbrehm, (I can't get used to not calling you BioHazard, man) are you going to run 2 dedicated loops with 2 pumps or Y the output from the pump and run to the rads then the aforementioned blocks?

Ohh, is Sbrehm the same guy as Bio-Hazard. I seen Bio-Hazard around on many forums in the past. I always liked that name, why did you change your name?