Monster Rig.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Thats a good looking PC. What is your PC's specs? I like it quite a bit but your right, it is huge. lol

Did you build that yourself I assume or was that somthing you just got for a project PC. Either way, I like it.

nice going.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
It started out as a standard Mountain Mods UFO last year and I've been slowly changing and upgrading it as I get time and money.

dsc016862ti.jpg

http://www.mountainmods.com

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That looks deadly man, serously. Anything that has a nuclear symbol on it intrigues me! What kind of hardware do you have in there, especially the water cooling?

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
System specs are a little old by todays standards, I've been upgrading the water cooling more than the system it's self. I'm in need of a new video card and I'm wanting a X2 cpu real bad.

Mountain Mods U2-UFO, DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D, AMD A64 3000 (Venice), PQI Turbo PC4000 (2x512), HIS X800XL, WD SATA 80Gig, Lite-On DVD & DL DVDRW, Hiper Type R 580, No Name 19" LCD.

The cooling system: Swiftech APOGEE block, Swiftech MCW60 GPU block w/MC14 ram sinks, Swiftech MCP655 pump, Home made 40 ounce res, Dual Weapon 2-302 heater cores, dual weapon built custom fan shrouds, 7 Evercool 120mm Aluminum 80 CFM fans, Sunbeam Tech Rheobus.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I'd know that rig anywhere...I've certainly seen it enough at the water cooling sub-forum at [H] forums. Glad to see you here!!

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Had to find someother place to hang out, I got tired of all the trash talk on the [H] forums. It got to the point that I basicly never go there anymore.

This site seems nice and friendly so far...............:)

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I love that case. I wish they were available in Canada. I am thinking of attempting to build my own. Very nice.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Building one shouldn't be all that hard if you have access to some sheet metal tools. If I was still in the Army doing my old job, it'd be super easy, I was a helicopter mechanic for 20 years and the units I was in had great sheet metal shops with everything needed to build a computer case.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Thanks......;) My son has been trying to talk me out of this case for almost a year now, he's a HD colector and his case is full and needs more room. The UFO will hold 9 HD's with the rear rack installed.

BlindMonk

E.M.I.
sbrehm72255 said:
The UFO will hold 9 HD's with the rear rack installed.

Now that would do me some good. While were discussing case features here, sbrehm, have you found any such "cub3d" case where the motherboard is allowed to rest comfortably and peaceably flat on the bottom and not perpendicular as tradition demands?

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
sbrehm72255 said:
Had to find someother place to hang out, I got tired of all the trash talk on the [H] forums. It got to the point that I basicly never go there anymore.

This site seems nice and friendly so far...............:)

QFT!

Yeah... they are a bit abrasive over there. Stick around! This is a good group of guys!

Welcome onboard!
And nice Mountain case! I have a friend that has one, and I got to see it a few weeks back... small it ain't! Not exactly a LAN Party "mobile" rig!

But you can be sure, nobody will walk off with it!
;)

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
As big as they are, there's 2 (mine and one other) that normally show up at a local Lan in St Louis a few times a year. ................;) Biggest problem with mine isn't really the size, but the weight, with all that water cooling gear I have installed, it weights a ton. I need help u\just to put it in the van for a road trip..............:)