Monster Rig.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I got bored with my water cooling again and decided to switch things up a bit. Here's what I came up with.

I pulled my HD rack out again and relocated my HD into the 5.25 bays again and reinstalled a second radiator (Swiftech MCR220), but this time I'm going with a dual loop. The first loop is going to be all Swiftech (as always) and will include the following for the CPU only; APOGEE CPU block, MCR320 triple radiator with 3 TT 80 CFM 120mm fans, "T" line and a MCP655 pump. The second loop will also be all Swiftech including; MCW60 GPU block, MCR220 dual radiator with 2 TT 80 CFM 120mm fans, "T" line and a Laing D4 pump.

23dp6.jpg

24xg5.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wow man, that's hardcore! Water cooling for your GPU memory chips :D

First time I've seen that, ever.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I thought that it was a pretty interesting product when I saw it on Swiftechs site, so I thought I'd give it a try. ......;) It helps out with the ram OC a little, maybe 20-30 MHz, so it's not really worth it in that asspect, unless you maybe are volt modding your card. But before I installed the block, you could feel heat radiating out from the HS pretty good, now there's no heat at all coming from the card at all.........:)

moon111

Coastermaker
Wow talk about an old thread being brought up from the dead. sbrehm72255 (or biohazard) is still alive on some other forums. Wonder why he left?

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I'm still around, just haven't been taking part in things................;)

I guess I should post a update to the rig as things have changed a little.

As a matter of fact, let me do it while I'm here just in case I forget again.

dsc00038sg6.jpg

dsc00036ho5.jpg

dsc00034dz2.jpg

dsc00033ip3.jpg

And for the internals.

101jh9.jpg

100yr2.jpg

95gg6.jpg

93dl4.jpg

92el9.jpg

91kc3.jpg

dsc00028vb8.jpg

dsc00029fj4.jpg

Last edited:

NicePants42

Partition Master
I assume there's a T in front of the MCP655 intake?

Looks like you have a quick-disconnect as a fill port, but what is the other quick-disconnect between the MCP655 and the PA120.3 for - easier draining?

I'm a little curious because my current build is going to have a couple of these.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
The highest QD is like you stated, it's on a "T" line for the MCP655 loop. The other is just to make it easire for draining and flushing. At the time I last put the system together I was doing a lot of reviewing and the QD made things much much easier swaping out blocks and such. They do add a bit of restriction to the loop because they self sealing, but not enough to cause any increase in temps...................;)

NicePants42

Partition Master
At the time I last put the system together I was doing a lot of reviewing and the QD made things much much easier swaping out blocks and such. They do add a bit of restriction to the loop because they self sealing, but not enough to cause any increase in temps...................;)
Heh, keep an eye on my build.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That looks sweet man, and good to see you didn't just build the system to leave it there. You've kept it well-upgraded, haha.

Do you ever have house-guests that are afraid of the beast?

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
It DOES look Sweeeeet.
A blend of art and engineering.
And it looks perfect in black and metal tones.
lol....What a beast

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Thanks guys, I'm always messing with the thing as I get a little extra cash or win a contest.............;)
I see you have a SOYO monitor, I havent heard of them making a monitor, how do you like it?
Is that the same company that makes the motherboards?
One of my builds I used the SOYO Dragon Ultimate ( 939 CPU )
Merlin

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Yup, same company, but they no longer make MoBo's.

So far the display has been great for what I paid for the thing...........;)

It's not top of the line by any means, it's a basic display with the baisc VGA and DVI-D connections and that's it, but for $300 I can't complain.

I have heard that Soyo has changed the specs lately and switched the panel type that they use. They were using S-PVA panels from AUO and what I've been hearing lately is that they are now using a TN panel for better gaming results.

These are the new display specs, brightness is lower and response time is twice as fast.

http://soyo.com/product/LCD_Monitors/9/TOPAZ_S_-_24%26quot%3B_Wide_TFT_LCD_Monitor/408

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
What are the temps since you removed the RES and added another system?

That SOYO mobo build that I had, used water cooling.
I just havent had a need to watercool in the last two builds.

Merlin

Merlin

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
At 3.2 this is what I've been getting for a load temp.

32loaded5.jpg

I'll have to dig around for temps on my 3.6 and 3.7 OC's, it seems that I've miss placed them somewhere during my last fresh Windows install.

Last edited: