MMORPG's

Drew

E.M.I.
Hey folks,
i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I really enjoy playing MMORPG's but due to time constricts I don't have the available time to make paying the subscription fees worthwhile. I was wondering if anyone knew of some out there that are onetime purchase, that way i always have it and can let it sit for awhile without worrying about wasting the monthly charge.

Thnaks

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I'm not sure such a thing exists, unless you buy an annual subscription.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There are many MMORPG games that are completely free to play... you just have to filter through them and find out what piques your interest. MMORPG.com has a huge list of games, and if the game is free, it will say so under the "fee" category:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?bhcp=1

You could probably judge by the genre if it would be of any interest to you. I tend to like fantasy, although you may prefer sci-fi. "Micro" payments means that the game is free to play, but cool things in the game tend to cost money.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I used to be an MMORPG geek, so I kept up on things like that ;-)

Still have three subscriptions to one MMO that I've been playing since 2001, so I guess I'm still a geek in some regards.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Guild Wars.

You purchase it once, and its free to play after that.

Downside? The expansions cost. And there are 4 of them now? The good news is that all 4 of them are stand alone products that do not require the others. There is simply content and areas that are no accessible without a specific pack.

I like this concept because the arena is actually fun to play, the story line is ok, and the overall gameplay isnt horrible either. Even if you paid $60-80 today for all of the sets, you could never pay a dime again, and still have more content then you could go through in a year.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
today is a saad day. Dungeon Keeper one of my fav. games is gonna be turned into a MMORPG. *snif snif*

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
How is that a bad thing? Hopefully they just won't screw it up, like so many others do...

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Dungeon Keeper is an RTS and now it will be a RPG. i love RTSs and this was one of my fav. ones. just disappointed. And its being made by some chinese company with EA so, i can only pray it be good.