Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000

lindawing

Obliviot
I was just helping a friend with his new laptop, and he has this mouse. He said it hadn't been working well and he thought it might need new batteries. I pressed the connect buttons on both the stub and the mouse, and it worked fine for me for a couple of hours, but we'd both like to know how on earth to put a new battery into the thing. He has no instructions, and I couldn't find out where to open the mouse. Anyone know?

Linda

lindawing

Obliviot
Thanks! I thought it might be that button, but I guess I didn't press it hard enough, because it didn't pop anything open! I'll try it again when I go back out there on Saturday.

Thanks again! :)

Linda

U

Unregistered

I'm having the same issue with the mouse not wanting to do anything except that the buttons won't do anything either. I've tried using the connect buttons on both the mouse and the receiver and neither worked. I've tried removing and reinstalling the drivers and then even installing the Intellipoint software and nothing there worked. The HIB drivers didn't work that were first installed for it, but now that Intellipoint is installed, the mouse model is recognized. Just checked the Intellipoint version I have installed and it's 6.2. Running Win XP on a Style-Note laptop (they custom make laptops, a computer store here contracts through them).

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I wish I had a suggestion, but this is not a problem I've ever encountered before, nor do I have the mouse to re-test.

It seems like the best idea is to just return the mouse and pick up a different one, if possible. You could try uninstalling the USB hardware under the Hardware Manager (name escapes me right now on what it's actually called). You will probably lose functionality of even the touchpad when doing this though, so it will need to be done with the keyboard entirely.

Once USB ports are uninstalled, a reboot should properly reinstall them on the next boot, hopefully ridding the problem.

E

Eric Garlock

my problem

I looked around for all of those processes and couldn't find any, but I'm currently downloading an optional Windows Update for the problem. From the Windows Update page click on the view available updates and check the box for the "HID Non-user data input filter"

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I looked around for all of those processes and couldn't find any, but I'm currently downloading an optional Windows Update for the problem. From the Windows Update page click on the view available updates and check the box for the "HID Non-user data input filter"

Hmm, I'm not even sure what that's supposed to accomplish, but nice find. If it fixes the issue, then great!

U

Unregistered

USB connecter

the little wireless reciever that you plug into the laptop for this mouse i think has broken. it use to always have the little light when it was on, now when i plug it in the light blinks once really quickly and then the mouse stops working.. i tried my friends computer and same thing happened. is this a fixable problem or should i just replace the mouse?

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
It is probably best to just replace it, although if you can find an identical or similar receiver for next to nothing then ya could probably get away with that too.

E

eka

help me

i'm losing my receiver, my laptop had it own bluetooth device.
can i connect it without the original receiver? i'm using win 7.
please...

E

eka

help me

i'm losing my receiver, my laptop had it own bluetooth device.
can i connect it without the original receiver? i'm using win 7.
please...
i'm from indonesia and its really hard to find another similiar receiver

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Other Microsoft receivers should work fine with the mouse, it doesn't need to be the exact same model. Most of their products were designed with that in mind so users could buy separate model mice/keyboards yet combine them on the same computer/receiver, so the receivers are built to be inter-compatible.