Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Lasers are getting more and more popular. At one time they were so expensive and cumbersome to produce that the a person could go their entire life and never see one, but no more. Now everywhere you turn you're confronted by"fricken lasers". Supermarkets, CD players, home improvement stores, mice...you name it and you'll find lasers either in use or for sale everywhere you go.

You can read Matts full review right here. Discuss it here after reading!

madmat

Soup Nazi
The MX-1000 with the rechargable batteries runs around $70 to $80, this on the other hand sells for < $50. You can always do like I do and buy a set of NiMH rechargables and a charger and use rechargables in it.

T-Shirt

E.M.I.
madmat said:
The MX-1000 with the rechargable batteries runs around $70 to $80, this on the other hand sells for < $50. You can always do like I do and buy a set of NiMH rechargables and a charger and use rechargables in it.
The extra $30 spent here
http://www.batteries.com/index.asp
will easily get you a couple sets of high capacity(2300-2600mah) NiMH batteries, a quality 1 hour charger, and some spare alkilines(just in case:eek: )at their regular prices, get on the mailing list for some INCREDIBLE deals, free shipping, free batteries, etc.

U

Unregistered

At first I hated the feel of the scroll wheel, but now that Ive gotten used to it I can scroll through a large weapon menu extremely fast without a problem.

The "smooth" scroll wheel is ackward at first in but give it time and it become natural.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I've been using the 6000 for going on around a year now and I'm still not used to it in games. In DFBHD I try to go from full auto to grenade launcher with my M-16/M-303 and end up with a flash bang. It's just something I can't get used to.

U

Unregistered

No one seems to mention the problem that I have with this mouse. It works ok in games but when I use it for something else....the screensaver doesn't work. Tried everything from changing channels, moving receiver, software options. My workaround is the power button on the monitor.

U

Unregistered

Same Here

No one seems to mention the problem that I have with this mouse. It works ok in games but when I use it for something else....the screensaver doesn't work. Tried everything from changing channels, moving receiver, software options. My workaround is the power button on the monitor.

I have the same problem running the mouse on Media Center 2005 and the only guess to me is that it's the reciever. I have heard that microsoft is working on an update for this problem. Just hope it's sometime soon.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You should be able to disable that feature, or change it with another in the mouse settings dialog.