Microsoft brings back Sidewinder

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our news:
Remember the old Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad? I knew a lot of people who owned them, but couldn't manage to enjoy them myself. It felt like I was holding a loaf of bread, which I guess is where the design for the original Xbox controller came from. Well, the folks from Redmond are bringing the brand back with a "hardcore gamers" mouse.

At first look, I have to say the mouse looks absolutely sick. I love the color scheme, button layout and the scroll wheel looks perfect. The "hardcore gamer" aspect comes from the fact that it's tweakable, similar to Logitech's latest G9 mouse. The feet are even interchangeable, with three different surfaces. Now just to wait until final copies hit retail.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
microsoft_sidewinder_revamped_082207.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>I have to say that my first experience with this mouse in July was extremely positive. Every single person in the office who played with this mouse LOVED their experience with it. When the promised driver features are combined with the physical options on the mouse, the customization is nearly endless. This mouse was designed to be a crowd pleaser and I have no doubt in my mind that it will be. While these are my impressions from New York, I reserve full judgment until I have the final product in my hands for review.

Source: Gotfrag

At absolute first-look, I didn't like the look of the mouse at all. But after seeing multiple angles, I can see how great it might actually be to use. I am totally digging the color scheme.