Matrix Orbital MX610

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Are you looking to spice up your case mod with a multi-function LCD panel that gives you tons of tweaking ability? While the MX610 is not for the novice, it gives plenty of power to those who want it... and are willing to learn the LCDC software.

Check out Gregs review here and then come back and discuss it here!

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That's one niiiicce LCD. I'd like to see color options and more lines, possibly a different button outline color, BUT, it's an excellent piece of hardware. Cool of them to include 2 usb cables, and an led panel. Nice piece Greg, great product.

Btw.. Is there only an OEM version available? I'd think more people would pick up on something so customizable if it were easier to use.

Lothar

Obliviot
You should add a website link to the LCDC software in your review.

Looks like a nice bit of hardware. If I could get it to run under Linux, I might add it to my HTPC.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Jakal said:
That's one niiiicce LCD. I'd like to see color options and more lines, possibly a different button outline color, BUT, it's an excellent piece of hardware. Cool of them to include 2 usb cables, and an led panel. Nice piece Greg, great product.

Btw.. Is there only an OEM version available? I'd think more people would pick up on something so customizable if it were easier to use.

These are very much a retail product that anyone can purchase. You can also mix and match your accessories...for a price. I think I was just sent an OEM review sample because we are a site but it would have been nice to include the packaging pics in the review.

As far as the ease of use, LCDC really isn't too difficult to use if you take your time and get used to how the software works. Like I said in the review, there is somewhat of a learning curve but if you do the homework, the software gets easier to use.

This is not to say that you can't master LCDC, as I am sure you can. A screen that offers this many possibilities will never be plug and play. You would have to forfeit some customization options to have this be something anyone can plug in and go with it. If you are thinking about this, I would highly recomment it as it is a -very- quality peice of hardware with a robust software package that would more than fill your thirst for display options.

As offered in the review, feel free to send me a PM or an email @ greg.king@techgage.com should anyone have any questions or problems with LCDC.

nickname

Obliviot

Hey Jakal!

We are expanding our color options, size, and the buttons. We are currently working on a new product that will feature an Graphical LCD in a PC Bay insert, featuring a remote control for your display. This display will also be able to have add-on cards, such an IR Port Out, which will allow you to control everything in your home systems setup.

Keep your eyes peeled in the next couple of months for the "GX Series"

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
--
Nick Hesson
Matrix Orbital
www.matrixorbital.com
www.lcdforums.com

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Oh, Great! I was actually perusing the site a few weeks ago looking at the different options available. Seems like the company is making a lot of strides in production. I'll be sure to watch what develops. :D

nickname

Obliviot
Oh, Great! I was actually perusing the site a few weeks ago looking at the different options available. Seems like the company is making a lot of strides in production. I'll be sure to watch what develops. :D

Jakal,

Thanks for the positive comments! We're really excited for the release of the GX Series. The capabilities this display will have blow me away.

If you want to keep up with the news, there are active users on our LCD Forums, www.lcdforums.com.

For news and product updates, manuals, software, and more, visit our support website: http://www.matrixorbital.ca

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email or PM me.

Regards,
--
Nick Hesson
Matrix Orbital
nhesson@matrixorbital.com