Mac's

Buck-O

Coastermaker
My favorite bit...

"And the update manager is bouncing around on teh bottom of the screen like a JACK RUSSEL ****ING TERRIER!!!"

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
Xd

Haha ^^ yep. Love it.

"You idiot! You own a macintosh, the file is f*&^ing gone!"

-sob-

Haha XD too great. :D

leecho7

Partition Master
I don't care what anybody says, so far my iMac is suiting me very well. I'm being so productive that I actually started to create my very own army of robots bent on world domination.

complete_bot.jpg

I mean just look at that monster, he's got killer written all over him!
I did all that with my iMac! Can't even imagine what the overly priced Powermac G5 can do!

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
:)

The guy who made it is a hardcore Mac user. I guess he was just not happy with the advertising campaign they took up a while back. Here's a direct quote from his page ;)

" I think it's wonderful that you want to do a Windows parody.
Unfortunately it won't have the effect you are looking for because everyone
already knows Windows is a steaming pile of crap. The reason I chose to do a
Mac Parody was that everything in the Parody happened pretty much as
described that very week while rushing to get a show done for Happy Nowhere.
We nearly didn't make it. I'm sure the same crap would have happened on a
PC based system but then again, Windows doesn't actually advertise that
their OS "never crashes". Mr. Gates simply plugs the line "20% more stable"
(whatever the hell THAT means) and then quickly adds "Look! A duck!" "

I've used macs in my graphic arts courses, and enjoyed them. So nothing personal on macs ;) I just thought it was funny XD

Nice robot! :D

leecho7

Partition Master
Yeah, I actually saw that somewhere else before here.
I just started to use the mac, so I'm not a total convert... yet...?
I think both Windows and Mac have it's advantages and flaws.

But I must admit though, I wouldn't have been able to create such a tool of ultimate destruction without my stylish and ergonamically designed iMac.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's because Macs are innovative and intuitive. Even the Apple II impressed me, with it's morphing clock screensaver. No OS from Apple really impressed me until 10.0.. and that's when I really started to want a Mac.

I really think that Apple knows what it's doing.. now at least. They are learning from others mistakes (Microsoft’s) and remedying them up. I will own an Apple someday, primarily because of that OS.. it's amazing.

Just out of curiosity Lee, have you found any difference with using Photoshop on the Mac, compared to the PC? Just wondering if it seems more fluent and smooth :)

leecho7

Partition Master
Well I don't photoshop much, but I do notice a noticeable notice of a noticeable noticed change when I edit video. Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro runs so much more smoothly on my iMac than my PC. Although it is a bit slower in rendering times, which is understandable because it only has 512mb of ram.