Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers compatible with Xbox Elite???

carface

Obliviot
Hi can anyone tell me if the XBOX 360 Elite will work with the Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers? All the reviews I see say it will work with XBOX 360 but as the Elite has HDMI will that mean I have to do something different to make it work?

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
Sorry for not me not replying to your email; I didn't recall seeing a name or anything so I thought it was spam :eek:

Anyway I'm not really sure because I haven't had a console since N64...I would say yes if it has analog outputs too along with HDMI. I can't really help you

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Hi can anyone tell me if the XBOX 360 Elite will work with the Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers? All the reviews I see say it will work with XBOX 360 but as the Elite has HDMI will that mean I have to do something different to make it work?
I believe the elite comes with a AV connector that has the optical out on it so you can still use HDMI for your picture and output via optical to your amplifier and then to the 5.1 speakers.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This is a good question, and one I wish I had an answer to. I have personally wanted to do this with headphones for late-night gaming, and I'm sure the process is all the same. Although, the X-540 does include more than a single cable to utilize, so I'm not sure the exact steps.

I'll ping Rory and see if he has any input.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I dont know why everyone is crazy about HDMI.
But HDMI carries the sound also to the monitor, not a good idea for gaming. You want the surround sound that you can not get from just the monitor/TV.
If they are going to do that, they need an adapter to split the video from audio.
When I had the XBox 360, when they came out, I used the composite for video and optical for surround sound. It was great.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage: