Logitech V450 Wireless Laser Notebook Mouse

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you have been waiting for the killer laptop mouse to come along, this may be your best bet. Not only is it wireless, it has an incredibly tiny receiver. It also estimates 1 year of usage per battery replacement. But... is it worth your $50?

Discuss the review here. :D

madmat

Soup Nazi
That's a cute lil' bugger. It's darned near the same size as the batteries themselves. It never ceases to amaze me how they continually downsize the electronics in things like mice and cell phones. I'm figuring it's just a matter of time before the circuitry is molded into the shell.

Nice read bro.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Don't give em ideas Matt! No doubt it's possible though, and actually sounds like a good idea. A molded pcb with a couple layers dedicated to external use. The board could be colored or schemed. Yeah.. It'd work.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha, that doesn't sound like a half bad idea Matt. Just as long as they don't make the mouse any smaller...

madmat

Soup Nazi
Must...have...smaller...mice!!! Think about it, a notebook mouse so small you could lay your thumb on it and click the buttons with your index finger. It could fit in the change pocket in your jeans.

A

Akash

Wireless Notebook Mouse

I would like to see how this mouse matches up to the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Mouse 6000. I think comparing it to the MS 3000 is a bit unfair on the V450s part.

Looking foward to a MS 6000 vs Logitech V450 comp

========================================================
HP NX9420 (T2600, ATI X1600, 4GB Kingston 667 DDR2, 100GB HDD, 17" WSXGA+)

K

kai

battery life

I'm thinking of picking this up (sick of dying batteries) but this is exactly my point of concern with the V450 - is its claim of one hour battery life accurate?

On Logitech's page it says "Battery life may vary depending on usage." Understood, but will it REALLY be better than my current wireless mouse that runs on 2x AAA batteries?

Are your batteries still going strong?

Thanks.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wow, one hour battery life? To be honest, I haven't touched the mouse since the review... I am just not a notebook mouse kind of guy. I could try to use it solely for a bit and see how it is.

I only use the notebook for chatting mainly, so it would take me a while longer to notice dead batteries to begin with. For 2x AA batteries... it had better last longer than a few hours.

K

kai

oops! sorry, lol - I meant 1 YEAR battery life! (as stated on the packaging & product website) :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh, haha! I was going to say :S

My batteries are still going strong, but that's no doubt because I never use it. I will start using it from now on, instead of the touchpad and see how long I can make'r last.

S

Squishy

Perforated Packaging

I've read on other reviews that this packaging is actually very easy to open because of the perforated edges on the plastic mold casing. Yet in your review, you clearly stated that you need a knife to open it. Am I missing something here?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If there were perforated edges, I definitely missed them :)

I certainly don't recall anything like that.

U

Unregistered

Well just got the mouse from the shop here for 41.20 euro (don't know bout the price, think I just had luck and the lady from the counter made a mistake).
Basicly one of the - points you can get of the list (takes a blade to open the blister package). This one has on the downside a big sign, open here. If you do so, you just rip open the package with your bare hands :). No problems at all.

About the price, its some money. But hey a small laser mouse with micro receiver... and: it works great on the mac too:)

B

bugspop1

Thanks for the great review on the Logitech v450. I just purchased 2 - v450's today for mine and my wifes laptops. So far so good. I've been using Logitech wireless since the beginning and don't care for any of the other brands I've tried. I currently have MX3100 combo which has the MX1000 Laser mouse, the MX700 combo w/optical, MouseMan Optical, a couple of wireless scroll mice w/ball & the original 3 buton wireless mouse w/ball, all of which still work. Of course, now I own 2 v450! Remember if you want the 1 year battery life you must turn off the mouse while not in use! I had to cut the package open, used scissors. I picked up my v450's at Sam's Club for $24 something, can't remember the change. It was $52 something for two with tax.

G

george

battery life

hi, so it has been a while, how are the batteries?

this is my main concern when it comes to notebook mices

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'll tell you in a few weeks... going to CES so I will be using this mouse only since it's more efficient than a touchpad. I'll let you know.

G

george

thanx, i wait your answer

i am looking for a nice notebook wireless mouse
with good response and most of all, i am looking for battery life [few months or better if possible]
if you know other models i apreciate it

thanx again
good luck at ces

G

geroge

hi:)
i guess CES fever has cooled down

have used the v450 at max? :D
is the battery still alive?