Logitech Speakers (5.1)

Word.

E.M.I.
I just went down to the local store, (Future Shop) and bought the Logitech X-530 set of 5.1 surround sound speakers. Cost me(89.99+tax) 103.98$ (These Speakers fucking rock) If your an average Music player, or just plain like Great qaulity sound for cheap. You would not go wrong if you bought these speakers, i think for once, I got something worth my hard earned money.
It comes with 2 left(Back, and front),2 right(Back, and front), center,and Subwoofer.Total of 6 Speakers. If anyone has any other logitech speakers or any other ones that they like alot, post it up, I'd love to see what you all got.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9067)

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Glad you like them man. It's definitely a good feeling when you know you didn't waste money on something.

Drew

E.M.I.
If you can't spare the change

Just an aside, if you like the looks of the 5.1 Logitech speakers but don't have the room for 5 speakers and a subwoofer. Check out the Logitech X-230 2.1 system. I purchased them a couple months ago and they rock. Very low distortion at high volume and bass to burn.

I turned them up to just about max. vol. and they were so loud and shook the house with bass. My brother 2 floors down thought it was my Denon/Paradigm 5.1 Home theatre system (btw the home theatre has never even been close to max vol., it would smoke the computer speakers and about 1/2 vol.).

You will also save about $60 with the 2.1's over the 5.1's and save a ton of room, on and around your desk.

I will provide some pics when i can get them to yas

Blumen

Coastermaker
I think those 5.1s were Logitechs replacement for the Z640s that i used to have... those were some great speakers, too.

Muddy

Obliviot
Drew said:
Just an aside, if you like the looks of the 5.1 Logitech speakers but don't have the room for 5 speakers and a subwoofer. Check out the Logitech X-230 2.1 system. I purchased them a couple months ago and they rock. Very low distortion at high volume and bass to burn.

I turned them up to just about max. vol. and they were so loud and shook the house with bass. My brother 2 floors down thought it was my Denon/Paradigm 5.1 Home theatre system (btw the home theatre has never even been close to max vol., it would smoke the computer speakers and about 1/2 vol.).

You will also save about $60 with the 2.1's over the 5.1's and save a ton of room, on and around your desk.

I will provide some pics when i can get them to yas
Those are what I have, got them last year from Fry's. They are sooooo awsome.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I just bought those for my new comp... im running an on board sound caard that just died though.... as soo as i install my x-fi ill give you guys an update on the 5.1's

Jakal

Tech Monkey
<a href ="http://www.helmetpc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=197">Logitech Z-640</a><LOGITECH a Z-540<>
I picked the Z-640's up a year or so ago, and again, Logitech provided a great product for the price. I can't even turn the subwoofer up without upsetting my parents. The sub stays at zero and performs remarkably. I was using the onboard 5.1, which isn't great, but is good enough. Now I'm stuck with these headphones lol.
Glad to hear you like them so much.

Edit: I lied sorry. The speakers set I bought looks a lot like that one but it's not. I just looked at the pictures then I realized I made a mistake. The 540 part threw me off because I got the next version up the 5.1 Z-640's.

Last edited:

tomato

Obliviot
LOVE Logitech's speakers! I got the 6.1 setup from a few years ago and they rock my house! My brother picked up the 5.1 THX set and they sound better than our home theatre!! I am biased though, I've yet not to love a Logitech product, be it speakers, mice, keyboards, etc.... ;)

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I have the Logitech Z-680s and they are insane! The bass is powerful and the highs are clear as a bell. They even make the Karjan onboard sound good. Highly recommeded.

spiffyp

Obliviot
Yup! I've been running the X-530's for about a year now.
And DAMN, they're sweet! Very loud, almost no distortion at higher volumes & tonnes of bass.
Love it!

werty316

Partition Master
I have Z-560s though they aren't 5.1 but 4.1 and boy does this speaker system pound the ground with the help of 400W.