Logitech Marathon Mouse M705

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wireless mice offer a plethora of benefits to their users, but the most common complaint about them is the lack of battery-life, or the need to change the batteries at all. Logitech aims to make things a bit easier on people with its Marathon Mouse M705... a mouse that uses two AA batteries and lasts an entire three years. Yes, three years.

You can read Jamie's full look at Logitech's long-lasting mouse and discuss it here!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Hey!!! I have this mouse!! lol I love the fast scroll, combined with an addon to firefox that makes a lot of pages endless (most forums, google etc) I can just scroll through pages easily :p My receiver is plugged into a gutted mac keyboard with a built in hub underneath my desk, around the keyboard area, had to do that for my old mouse, didn't like it sticking out the front of the PC and the back had too much metal in the way.

Last edited:

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I just ordered it ... after having just replaced the batteries in the current 6 to 9 y/o Logitech mouse, I decided to give the little guy a rest.:eek:

Psi*

Tech Monkey
And I was going to order a suggested Logitech wireless keyboard, but today I saw a blurb about a solar powered wireless Logitech k/b & decided to hold out for that .. depending on what ppl say about it.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The solar powered keyboard has me interested also... it's truly about time someone did something like that.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Just a quick update, had a minor issue with the setpoint software. The application specific button assignment decided to 'forget' one of the bindings for Borderlands. I had the 8th button set for 'C' or crouch. For the last 2 weeks it was fine, worked perfectly. Booted up borderlands yesterday, pressed the button, instead of crouching i was greeted with it's default assignment of Application Switcher (joy, alt-tab in the middle of a gun fight). Checked the key assignment and it had in fact been reset to default. The other button assignments still worked fine, which is rather peculiar.

It'll probably be fixed at some point, but just letting you know that it can sometimes 'forget' button assignments.