Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
No - your eyes are not deceiving you. Logitech has finally released a mechanical keyboard, going by the name G710+. It uses CHERRY MX Brown switches backed with sound dampeners, has 100% backlight coverage, includes six G macro keys and also dedicated media keys. Is it worth the higher-than-normal $150 price tag? Let's find out.

Read through our full look at Logitech's G710+ mechanical gaming keyboard and then discuss it here!

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Come on Logitech, give us a G719! I would be putting down the cash for this sucker if it had a LED screen. I have the screen and now can't live with out it.....give us a mechanical LED screen keyboard....please....pretty please.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Sweet review dude! Gonna get this one for sure now! :D

I have used a friends blackwidow, and i must say, my typos were way way way less over there. With my current Lycosa i make soo many mistakes, especially if i am chatting in TOR i make so many typos when typing quickly during an OP or a Hardmode FP, e.g: Dotn' braek teh dman cc!!

Hehe! Mechaniacl is the wya to go!

^ ;)

Last edited:

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Mechanical is definitely all it's made out to be - going back to using rubber/silicone keys, I really felt the strain on my fingers again, lol. And Doomsday - moments like that are when you use Vent, Teamspeak or Mumble.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I think I would like a mechanical KB but I don't care too much right now. The other big thing is now that I have had/have a LCD screen on the KB I don't think I can go back.

I am fairly sure I posted elsewhere saying this needs either individual lighting or at least area lighting with user selectable colors, like the G510/G19. They could even make two versions identical except base one off the G19 and base one off the G510. I would buy one based off a G510 for sure.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Mechanical is definitely all it's made out to be - going back to using rubber/silicone keys, I really felt the strain on my fingers again, lol. And Doomsday - moments like that are when you use Vent, Teamspeak or Mumble.

Not when ur playing with PUGs using Group Finder! ;) When playing with guildies everyone knows what they r doing what they r supposed to do and not do. Guild channel on Team Speak is there too ofcourse. Am lucky to be in a very good players guild! :D

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

When key caps wear

It is disappointing when the letters on the key caps wear off. The caps are black and the white printing wears off.

With this product, is the key cap is white translucent plastic with black paint? If so, the paint will wear off showing white plastic.

Are the key cap on this product Doubleshot?

U

Unregistered

I tried the Rosewill 9100 backlit board and decided backlit was not for me. Too bright and distracting.

If I goit it, I would probably replace all the keys with some cherry profile keys and maybe spice it up with some cool stuff from htttp://www.techkeys.us/custom-keys.php or http://www.wasdkeyboards.com

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Sweet review dude! Gonna get this one for sure now! :D

You won't regret it. I just hope that Logitech doesn't come out of nowhere with an LCD-equipped one in a month or so (although, at the same time, I hope it does) - or release a special version of this with additional options (and no stand-out orange piece). Regardless of all that though, if aesthetics aren't a true sticking-point, this KB is awesome.

I think I would like a mechanical KB but I don't care too much right now. The other big thing is now that I have had/have a LCD screen on the KB I don't think I can go back.

You'll feel the same way about mechanical in general. Just take Jamie's experience as an example.

It is disappointing when the letters on the key caps wear off. The caps are black and the white printing wears off.

With this product, is the key cap is white translucent plastic with black paint? If so, the paint will wear off showing white plastic.

Are the key cap on this product Doubleshot?

I am not familiar with Doubleshot, but given that the back of each key is a gray color, I guess the keys are in fact painted. This issue is a pet peeve of mine as well. Even the Cooler Master Trigger developed that issue after just a couple of months. It's frustrating. For better keys, the cost of the product no doubt would be much higher. Typical serious mechanical keyboards I've seen start off at the same price-point as this one, but don't have any special features.

I tried the Rosewill 9100 backlit board and decided backlit was not for me. Too bright and distracting.

If I goit it, I would probably replace all the keys with some cherry profile keys and maybe spice it up with some cool stuff from htttp://www.techkeys.us/custom-keys.php or http://www.wasdkeyboards.com

Those sure could get expensive, but they'd definitely add some flavor, that's for sure :D

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
If the keys are anything like the keys on my G510 they wont fade for quite awhile. Heck even the used G15 I bought had no fading.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If the keys are anything like the keys on my G510 they wont fade for quite awhile. Heck even the used G15 I bought had no fading.

I hope that turns out to be the case, because both CMs I've used have had the issue, and the small Logitech I used before that (non-mechanical) did also. It's disappointing when the keyboard you love begins to look worse for wear after just a month or so.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Oh man, I go hardcore typing stuff all day on my G510 an no wear that I see. All the logitech ones I have used have no issues with wear.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder what Logitech does different, then? As the unregistered poster mentioned above, some keycaps are "double shot", which means that each literally consists of two layers of plastic, but I have doubts that's the case here (since that seems to be more expensive). I can say that these keys feel a tad different than the ones on the Cooler Master though, so maybe it just boils down to the simple way they're painted.

We'll see though. I use my main KB a lot, so if wear is bound to happen, it won't take long.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I'm interested in seeing how it fares. If the keys are indeed dual layered rather than simply painted or (as is the cased with the Lycosa) coated, that would mean that the keys are pretty much bulletproof. The rubberized coating on my Lycosa is wearing through on my rt shift key and I think it's going to end up annoying me.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yup, and it will. It's made worse with LED keyboards because the more you wear away a key, the more the light shines through. It becomes hard to ignore when one key tends to be brighter than the others.