Logitech G5/G7/G15 Preview

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Logitech has once again announced that they are releasing some killer gaming peripherals that you must check out. Ever since the MX1000, people have been wanting a Laser based gaming mouse, and here it is! They have also announced an amazing gaming keyboard equipped with an LCD. Read on to learn all about it.

logitech_g5_logo.gif

Check out the full preview here, and then feel free to speak your mind here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks man, appreciated.

Yes, that G5 is going to ROCK, seriously. I really, really wish it still had the two side buttons though :/

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I hear you man. I only play CS, but I use the top one for Voice Chat and the bottom to bring up the buy menu.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I find it interesting that so many people can find so many uses for the side buttons on a mouse. My Intellimouse 4.0 has the 2 buttons both on the left side of the mouse and I use the back button to reload the the forward to bring up the buy menu. It's all what's important to you in a game and what you are used to but still interesting all the uses for one or two buttons. :D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Calm down on the pwnage speak damn it. You pwned me big time yesterday! All though, I ironically got a kill in on your ass once :) That made me smile! I played that server again last night when I got off work about 2 am and I oddly enough did well. My kill ratio was almost 1:1....more like 1:1.5 but better than the target practice I was when you and I played earlier! Got the 3700 in my A8V Deluxe and am going to test it out before I have to mail away the 6800 GT.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Sweet man, right on. I will be RMA'ing my 6800 in a couple days :( Gotta order a replacement card for the time being :/

Let's hook up on that server again, I love Office! Let me know how you make out with your 3700, btw.

Regeneration

NGOHQ CEO
Rob Williams said:
Source :D

I suck bad enough at source.. I get seriously owned in 1.6. Which do you play?

I'm playing CS since the early betas but I stopped playing few months ago because Valve keept changing the basic gameplay (Shield,Recoil,AWP Delay)
I dont like Steam and the amount of cheaters in CS. Source is too quiet and kinda boring. Now I'm playing Enemy Territory instead.

E

Ender

i love everything except the fack the u dont get a forward a back button for the web. I think this is great for games but it not the only think i use my computer for.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Regen, aye I agree with you. They changed a lot, but it's still fun. There *are* a lot of cheaters, but I hope to see that decrease as time goes by. There's also WAY too many Awpers, but w/e :D

Ender, I hear you. I want the G5 so bad, but without that button, that will screw up my game too =/

S

Sean

The keyboard! What's to say... it looks awesome, i'm one of those people who likes to have the latest stuff and boy is that being added to my collection!
I've currently got an MX1000 and was seriously impressed with it - the only problem I have is the logitech logo on the top which has now rubbed off.
Let's hope that doesn't happen here :)

D

DomzaE

Well of course you dont have to get the G5/G7. you can still use the MX518... But if you want a laser gaming mouse with a decent number of buttons, check out razer's Copperhead. http://www.razerzone.com

And i cant wait for G15 Gaming Keyboard to come out! ...Mmmmmm LCD screen...

Word.

E.M.I.
Hmm, the Copperhead does look good, but its not as rounded as the Mx510 or Mx518 type, i use this mouose mainly because its comfortable and great for gaming. but does the G5 mouse have an extra mouse foot to make it look even..... and not like the Odd 510? it really annoyes me seening a missing foot.
But im just crazy like that.