Logitech G13/G15/G19 and Etc New Drivers!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
If you have any of these devices you know that last set of current generation drivers were nice, but seriously lacking. The last time I heard this much silence was the cemetery, but at least there I got a wind gust.

Well last night I went up to see if there was new driver and holy s*** miracles do happen! After 6 months something new! I won't bore any one with the details of what was wrong, just know that some one was listening the outcry's on the forums and they fixed them, yes including mine. There is only 1 thing left that they need to fix, and it is a bit of a sore point. When you go to change your programed keys or anything else for the first time it takes over a minute to sync up with the devices and if I forget to do it before a mp game this can be a major pain in the middle of it.

Aside from that, happy hunting with the new drivers guys!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Sync issues and software have always been the bane of peripherals, but i can honestly say the Logitech's drivers and setpoint software is the best on the market, despite its issues. After using some horrendous alternatives, Logitech does a lot right...and actually updates and fixes problems... Not used Microsoft gear though, so i can't comment on them...

Kayden

Tech Monkey
With out a doubt yes, but the Legacy software did this with out such an issue only with introduction of the new interface and what did they introduce this new lag time so it's one of Logitech's making.

I am however sad to report I am having constant crashes with the new drivers and I am unsure as to what the cause is. I am starting from scratch with it though, I do use a third party since the G15 called SirReal Panel and it's fantastic but I have never seen it crash the whole app before. I will let you guys know what I find out. If I have to I will check the forums over at Logitech....not looking forward to that.

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Well that was easy and unfortunately it is the SirReal Panel running on the G19 panel, when running on the G13 the software does not crash at all. I am going to let SirReal know but if any one is interested in the app for the monochrome range of Logitech products check it out here.

http://www.linkdata.se/software/lcdsirreal/

EDIT: Well it isn't the SirReal software it is the newest drivers failing for one reason or another. I have 2 different fail under my event viewer so either the 64bit is buggy or wasn't properly tested, either I have to hit the Logitech forums. *groan*

Last edited: