Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
As Rob said, I just haven't been around this week. For what it is worth though, I will check when I get back to work next week. I have my G15 setup to work on my work PC. I will report back in as soon as I possibly can.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Our Logitech contact explained that it's not possible.

"You want to know if the G11 Gaming Keyboard can loop macros--- in other words, so the game doesn't log off the player due to inactivity?

The answer would be no.

The G11 keyboard software only allows the recording of macros, but does not loop it. (The looping feature makes troubleshooting difficult.)

Most players who have this macro-looping feature use a separate third party software or program to send out that keystroke and create the looping of macros.

Also, it depends on what game you're playing, many people write game add-ons for particular games to simulate functions like looping macros. For example in "Ultima Online" someone wrote UOLoop- a program that lets you loop UOA macros for that game."

So, the only way is to use other applications, like the ACTool I mentioned or something similar. The G11/15 is great for simple macros, but anything more advanced is a little trickier.

JacKz5o

Obliviot
Nice review.

It would be awesome if they could make a carbon fiber G11/15 like they did for the G7s..

U

Unregistered

Our Logitech contact explained that it's not possible.

"You want to know if the G11 Gaming Keyboard can loop macros--- in other words, so the game doesn't log off the player due to inactivity?

The answer would be no.

The G11 keyboard software only allows the recording of macros, but does not loop it. (The looping feature makes troubleshooting difficult.)

Most players who have this macro-looping feature use a separate third party software or program to send out that keystroke and create the looping of macros.

Also, it depends on what game you're playing, many people write game add-ons for particular games to simulate functions like looping macros. For example in "Ultima Online" someone wrote UOLoop- a program that lets you loop UOA macros for that game."

So, the only way is to use other applications, like the ACTool I mentioned or something similar. The G11/15 is great for simple macros, but anything more advanced is a little trickier.

Sweet, thanks alot for that info it really helps!

Great forum !

JacKz5o

Obliviot
I agree, that would be a pimp looking board!

Yes it would be lol. I know a member from another forum that bought some Carbon Fiber film from an auto-shop, took apart his G15 and layered it on.. it kicked ass.

Am I allowed to post links to other forums? If so i'll post it if you or any body else wants to see it.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Go ahead. We are always up for interesting reads. We would also like to get linked in other forums as well :D

U

Unregistered

WoopWoop

Im at work at the moment and i have the G11 sitting at home waiting for me, saw the review and ordered one on friday. Come on clock, hit 5:30 already! Grrrrr.

Rossi

U

Unregistered

PS2 connection?

Can you connect via a USB to PS2 converter (I want to go through a KVM switch)? I don't care if the setup software doesn't work as long as the record macro button does.

Cheers.

R

Rio

This review seems incomplete to me

Hi,

I notice that NOT one thing was mentioned about Rollover. How can you test/review a "Gaming Keyboard" without testing for Full N Key Rollover? Does the keyboard have it or not? Very important for a "Gaming Keyboard" have. Else it's just an over priced POS. Even cheap KBs support 3 key rollover, but a gaming KB should support many more keys pressed at once. If anyone is not familiar with "Full N Key Rollover", just do a Google search on it and you will find loads of info.

R

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Robs link Id's the G11 as being compatible.

I also currently am using a g11 and when I try the "test" on that page (an odd way to hold ones hand mind you) It did register all 4 keys at the same time.

How many keys will it register at a time?

attachment.php

According to this, 6.

So, Yes, It has it.

If this is your first time on the forums: Hi, welcome to the forums. Feel free to register.

Attachments

• rollover.JPG
    rollover.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,386
U

Unregistered

size

how long is the wire with which I connect keybord with pc?