Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you are a regular player of racing games on the Playstation 3, then you owe it to yourself to consider an upgrade to that inefficient gamepad! Logitech's Driving Force GT was designed for Gran Turismo 5, but works well with most other racers out there, and after we put many hours of driving into it, we can happily walk away impressed.

You can read Bill's full review here and discuss it here!

Word.

E.M.I.
I bought this wheel about a month ago, for around $160 at best buy. Your right there should be a better way to mount it. But if your into Midnight club L.A. (PS3) this wheel makes the game more realistic for me, just playing it with the controller seems blah

U

Unregistered

Logitech Driving Force GT Clamping to desk

I have a really thick computer desk, about 1.5 inch.

Can anyone confirm if this steering wheel will clamp to my desk? There is no menion of the maximum thickness in the specifications.

Thanks
Mark

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I'm not sure of the exact dimension, but it will be fine with that thickness and I am pretty sure it will take up to a 2" or so.

U

Unregistered

I'm not sure of the exact dimension, but it will be fine with that thickness and I am pretty sure it will take up to a 2" or so.

Received my driving force yesterday.

I can confirm it fits my computer desk, but only by about a mm! And thats with taking the clips off.

So instead of a G-clamp, mines more like a C clamp (if that makes sense).

Just a word of warning for anyone else who is buying one of these wheels, the maximum depth that this can clamp onto is about 1.5" (with the clips removed).

Mark