Logitech diNovo Edge

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Logitech has released quite a few "revolutionary" products this year, and plan to finish 2006 off with their diNovo Edge keyboard. They claim it's the most technologically advanced keyboard available and is probably one of the most expensive. Is it worth your time and money?

You can read the full review here, and discuss it here.

U

Unregistered

would like to see you compare this to the upcoming microsoft wireless entertainment 7000/8000.
The 8000 says its rechareable, but still uses 4 nimh AA batteries? I don't get that....what about the 7000...can be be used on the charging dock as well?
But anyway, would like to see a good compare on those when available.

Good review.

U

Unregistered

would like to see you compare this to the upcoming microsoft wireless entertainment 7000/8000.
The 8000 says its rechareable, but still uses 4 nimh AA batteries? I don't get that....what about the 7000...can be be used on the charging dock as well?
But anyway, would like to see a good compare on those when available.

Good review.

exactly what i am looking for...

`kormyen

U

Unregistered

I got myself one of these a while ago...i stressed that i couldnt up teh frontside bus on my badaxe bios...then i relised...the + key on any keyboard is an = key unless you hold shift (points and laughs)

L

Lottery Winner

Mouse Pad?

wait....so ur saying that u can stilll use YOUR MOUSE rite? if YOUR MOUSE was broken then u can use the mouse pad! right? instead of waiting for ur dad to buy it?

J

JayDubb

Concerned

I read two reviews complaining about the battery life and replacement of battery. Mainly before I purchase it I want to be sure I won't have to ship my DiNovo Edge to Logitec just for a damn battery replacement. This is what one or two consumers omplained of having to do.

I've been reading and following reviews online and in person, just want to be sure before I purchase the unit.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I wish I could comment on that, but I haven't had the keyboard since I posted this review. I know for a fact that the battery-life is pretty good though. I gave the keyboard to my sister, and she used it for over a month before she needed to charge it.

As for battery replacement, that does seem like a chore, but I'm not sure the chances of you running into such an issue has a good chance of happening.

It all depends on the chance you are willing to take. I know my sister has had no issue with hers, but of course like anything, experiences will vary.

U

Unregistered

How to Change the Battery

Unfortunately, the DiNovo Edge keyboard is comprised of about 50% glue, so there is no clean way to change your battery, but if you're careful, it's not a problem. I learned the hard way... but just so you know, there is no point trying to pop the plastic clips around the edges or any other clever trick. The only way to get in is to peel the colored back (mine is orange) off and take out all the screws. There is also a screw underneath the Bluetooth Address sticker. The good thing is that they used enough glue that if you press it all back down firmly when you're done, it's probably going to stick back in place reasonably well. Once you're in, changing the battery is easy. I ordered a replacement battery from somewhere in the UK (just googled it) for less than $30. Mission accomplished. Good Luck!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Unfortunately, the DiNovo Edge keyboard is comprised of about 50% glue, so there is no clean way to change your battery, but if you're careful, it's not a problem. I learned the hard way... but just so you know, there is no point trying to pop the plastic clips around the edges or any other clever trick. The only way to get in is to peel the colored back (mine is orange) off and take out all the screws. There is also a screw underneath the Bluetooth Address sticker. The good thing is that they used enough glue that if you press it all back down firmly when you're done, it's probably going to stick back in place reasonably well. Once you're in, changing the battery is easy. I ordered a replacement battery from somewhere in the UK (just googled it) for less than $30. Mission accomplished. Good Luck!

I wondered about that! Good work on figuring out out... not an easy task at all :D