Logisys Black Illuminated Keyboard

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Do you enjoy things that light up? Well, how about your keyboard? Logisys recently released a line of new office keyboards. Not only do they offer much functionality, they also offer lots of purty blue lights.

After reading Jens review here, discuss it here!

RazorBack

E.M.I.
It looks pretty nice... still glad I bought the Saitek Eclipse though. Plain and simple lol. I do kinda miss having lots of hot keys... but I never used them, and I don't think most people do.

Oh another note, would the battery case be for the lighting? As far as I know PS2 ports don't supply power so the LEDs need the batteries. When your running off USB (which is powered) then the batteries shouldn't be needed.

RazorBack

E.M.I.
Fair enough, just a thought. I thought only USB provided power.

*walks away slowly before anyone notices me*

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
Looks wise the keyboard is nice, but I just found that it was not so great for me when hands on.

As for the battery socket I just looked it over lightly before, but I found that looking it over more there are no metal prongs inside for the batteries to connect to. I thought it might be for the scroll LED, or the EL lighting as well, but with the lights running off the USB there is really no need for it, and this just goes to show that the battery slot has no use at all. It's just 'there', like they had an intention for it but didn't use it. ^^' Ah well.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Possibly a wireless version? It'd probably suck the juice right out of you batteries, but you'd have a wireless glowing keyboard. I couldn't stand the keys though, if they're anything like you've described. Saitek still seems like a better, obvious choice.

I still like my Logitech Elite :D.

Buck-O

Coastermaker
Sticky keys, the bane of generic keyboards everywhere.

This is the main reason why i stick with Microsoft or Logitech for my KB's. Smoother, quiet, reliable opperation, with no sticking, and no binding. Plus they usually last a good few years.

Hell, i even lost one of the springs in my space bar on the KB im currently useing (MS Internet KB Pro, good KB, will never know why they discontinued it), and it still works bueatifully. Not to mentiont eh years of abuse its recieved from LANning over the last 5 years.

Good review.

U

Unregistered

I bought this keyboard after reading a review on another site. I wish I would have read this one first. I have all the same problems with this keyboard as the reviewer did plus a few others. The shortcut keys only owrk half the time and I can never get the My Calculator button to function. This this is a piece of junk avoid at all costs.

U

Unregistered

Good and bad

I got one of these things and for the most part agree completely with the review.

The keys are sticky and you have to push pretty hard......been two weeks now and they are loosening up a bit though.

This EL lighting is a joke though. The button you use to turn it on is also the "scroll lock" key which then means that when you use your arrow keys in a program such as Excell, you end up moving the whole document around and not just from cell to cell.

Good idea, poor execution......needs some work.