Link check, typo check...

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Looks like a nice layout!

The arrow tab that is to the right of each section you click on makes me want to see a drop down menue... :( there wasnt one.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Its a hell of a start. Obviously there is work to do but I appreciate all the work you put into it. The Techgage mention was appreciated as well. I might suggest linking to the differant site that you are sponsored by and the forums that you visit (not a ploy to get traffic here, I actually tried to click on the Bit-Tech name as I love and visit them a lot).

All in all, its a good start. The content is nice and the layout is good. I look forward to following the evolution of TD.com!

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Ya know.... I actually do want to build the links into that list... but the damned web editor that I am using from 1&1 keeps jacking up as I do text links...

grrrrrr...... might just have to do them all manually... ;)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I hope this doesnt mean that you wont be posting your mods in here! (even though i could just go to your site... :( ) Youre the only other texan in here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Great start TD... that site is looking pimp. Don't tell me you are also a web designer on the side? ;)

Yes, you better keep posting here. I know where you live ;-)

I'll just go to the center of Plano and start sniffing for paint and acrylic.

BlindMonk

E.M.I.
Or you could just pay me or madstork to hunt him down.

About the site, it looks real nice. My only thoughts would be the space on the right side
which, only used on the Mods page, gives the site a somewhat off-kilter look. When
not needed for side-panel tabs or info, maybe consider extending the main body to match
the header width? The "Tech-Daddy Custom Cases" text could use a little smoothing over,
too, but it's a very appealing look overall. Thumbs up.

Last edited:

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Hey hey hey... put away the shiny, cutting things... I'm not going anywhere!!

I am already planning on fixing the "balance" issue, I'll just need to research how to fix it.

And "No..." Rob, not a budding designer over here. I hate HTML. This whole site was a WYSIWYG web editor from 1&1.

About 4 days worth of work over here on the site. Mind you, I'm bed ridden recovering from Ankle surgery, so I have had plenty of time to work on this.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
From highschool to this last Father's Day, I had sustained 8 *major* ankle sprains (3rd degree sprain or higher) and the ankle was so slack and weakened that it was rolling over on me while walking across flat, smooth pavement on parking lots.

So, after dealing with this for over 15 years, I got sick of it, and had them clean it up (scope out the joint for scar tissue and bone spur removal), check for cartelidge (sp?) damage and fix, and then take the slack out or repair my ligaments on hte outside of my ankle...

should have taken 2 hours, it took 3, and my wife said the Doc looked exhausted when he came out. Apparently, my ankle was pretty trashed! ;)

So, now I'm in a soft cast for a few weeks, then a hard, walking cast foe 3 weeks, then a boot, then a splint. Rehab to start after the hard cast removal.

Fun times ahead... but if it means my ankle will be more stable, then I'm considering it time and effort well spent.

Kalo

Obliviot
Sorry to hear about the ankle. My ex also had weak ankles from childhood accidents, and they have plagued her throughout her life. Hopefully your sprain won't be that bad and that you will heal quickly! :) Also, on your website, are you aiming to put a menu on the right side? Seems a little bit disproportional/empty due to the empty space/table layout. Other than that, great job, looks very nice and original! :)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
You know what the technical term for the rehab where you balance on one foot is?

Stork Stance. (Im not making that up either.) HAHA