LetsCall.me - How to Accept Calls Anonymously

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Being a big security buff, I love finding out new ways to remain anonymous to a certain degree, but the problem is that nowadays, it's almost impossible. But, there are always ways to make things better, and if you happen to want to keep your phone number hidden, then there's a new web service for you.

Called LetsCall.me, the service allows you to create a quick account, with an identifier that you'd like to appear in the URL. From there, you can pass that URL to anyone of your choosing, and they'll be able to put in their phone number, which you will be able to see. From that point, LetsCall.me will connect to your phone, and if you pick up, their phone will ring. Once they pick up, voila, you're connected, all while having your phone number hidden.

The cool thing is that this is a free service, and it seems to be a great way to keep your phone number hidden from someone you don't know that well, or will only deal with once. Unless you are Kevin Mitnick, chances are you're going to be unable to reveal the recipients real number, but hey, anything's possible, right? It's services like this that make the Internet so rich. The phone company could only hope of providing a service this cool, and if they did, they'd undoubtedly charge for it.

lets_call_me_anon_090408.jpg

Benefits of LetsCall.me: Accept calls anonymously without revealing your phone number, No caller id blocking - always know who's calling, Block unwanted callers, Easier to remember than a phone number, Great for Craigslist and other internet sites, Be safe - don't give out your phone number, use LetsCall.me

Source: LetsCall.me