Kingston Releases HyperX 3K SSDs

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When we previously reviewed Kingston’s HyperX SSD, we found it to be a premium model, offering not only the best performance we had seen from a SF-2281 powered SSD but also one of the best track records in regards to stability. Even several months later we consider the HyperX to be one of the finest SandForce powered-SSDs on both counts, with only the more recent SandForce powered Intel 520 Series able to provide any real challenge on that front.

kingston_hyper_x_3k_041512.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Every single SSD on the planet should ship with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. All of them!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Every single SSD on the planet should ship with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. All of them!

I tend to agree, given most chassis made in the past couple of years haven't included them, and they certainly don't include two in case you actually want to use two SSDs in RAID or some other configuration.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
A lot of cases I've seen with hard drive loading bays, will have mounting holes for 2.5" drives on the underside, rather than on the side. Two of my cases have these plastic loading bays for hard drives, both have holes on the underside for 2.5" drives. One is 3 years old, the other is 5 years. But yeah, still think mounting plates should be provided with SSDs.