Kid buys PS2 on eBay, receives $90K

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A British teenager who bought a Sony PlayStation 2 on eBay for £95 ($194) got more than he bargained for when he opened the package. Instead of a shiny, happy gaming console, there was a whole heap of euros - €65,400 ($90,000) to be precise - stacked neatly inside. A spokesman for eBay said that the parcel's contents were "somewhat unusual", but that they would help the police in any way they could.

When the parcel arrived, on March 20, the boy's parents contacted the Norfolk Constabulary, who are now holding the money under the Proceeds of Crime Act. If the owner does not come forward by September 22, then the family can apply to have the cash returned to them - unless the police apply to hold onto the money for a longer period.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wa_heyst...eceives-whole-heap-of-cash-instead-279631.php

MakubeX

Partition Master
At first one would think, "screw calling the police, I would've kept the money". But after thinking about it, it could be pretty dangerous, considering the seller (or whoever sent the cash) knows your address and might come back for his $$$.

madmat

Soup Nazi
With that much money I'd buy a nice gun or two just in case they came looking for the cash. That and a guard dog.

Edit: Oh yeah, and a new PS2...

MakubeX

Partition Master
With that much money I'd buy a nice gun or two just in case they came looking for the cash. That and a guard dog.

Edit: Oh yeah, and a new PS2...

It would be different for me. In PR it's not that easy nor cheap to own guns. However, now that I think about it, with that much money I would just move! :D