KDE 4.0 RC2 Released - Final Release on Jan 11

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
KDE 4.0 has been on our radars for quite some time now, but the end to our wait is close. Although the final version has been pushed back multiple times, things are now shaping up to make a January 11th launch possible. For those who are in the tweaking mood, or are simply dying to see what's new to 4.0, the second release candidate has just been pushed out.

With this latest press release are a few new screenshots showing off what the latest version brings to the table. I've been a die-hard KDE 3.x user for quite some time now, so I am unsure how I will personally adapt to the refreshed environment, but I'm hopeful. Much has been changed and updated, but it looks as though things have gone in the right direction. Of course, KDE is well known for it's great customization ability, so it shouldn't be too hard to tweak the new environment to your liking.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
kde_rc2_121207.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
With this second release candidate, the KDE developers hope to collect comments and bug reports from the wider KDE community. With their help, we hope to solve the most pressing problems with the current KDE 4 codebase to ensure the final 4.0 release is stable, usable and fun to work with.

Source: KDE Press Release