Just had one of those days...

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
May have seen this before, but this best describes what i had to go through with a friend and his PC...

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQHX-SjgQvQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQHX-SjgQvQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Some people just shouldn't use computers.... ever.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I help those people every day, dude. Little old ladies who volunteer to run church bulletins and can't figure out why it's not working. Turned off, no paper, not the right printer, etc. This makes me giggle because I'm sure this was their ancestors.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
"I want a wireless keyboard that'll work with my phone..." - Why... it has full qwerty? how could you see the screen and check what you wrote....
"I want to connect my phone to a TV..." - Why? upscale a 320x240 picture to a 40" TV.... yikes.
"This BD doesn't work in my DVD drive..." - ...
"My PC won't recognise my remote when it says it can..." - Where available and you have an appropriate receiver...
"This BD won't work in my PC, even though i have a BD drive" - It's a PS3 disc...
"I copied a movie to a dvd and my player won't play it" - needs transcoding...

There are a tonne of random questions i get asked, even with file formats, like why can't Paint open PSD' or DOC files... seriously. Why can't they connect their PC to a TV... or when they do, it looks terrible... why can't they connect their console peripherals to their PC or phone (hangs head in shame...). Why does their PC shut down when they hit the power button.... they think it just turns it on. Why does pressing the power button on the keyboard not turn on the PC...

Uhh... go lie down in a darkened room...

I guess this is the whole problem with tech... unless you've used it before, nothing makes sense. Progression only makes sense to old users, new ones are left just as clueless. But explaining things doesn't help when you're up against an individual that screams their TV doesn't work, they've pressed the power button on the remote 50 times (like they didn't clue in after 3...), only to find out that they're using the wrong remote.

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm 32 so I figure I have another 20 years +/- before something comes out that I don't understand. Then it will about our children posting things like this about me.