Just bought Borderlands GOTY

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
it was on sale on Steam for only $25!!! SICK deals they're having right now. I have my Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club key now, so once they release that I'm all set :D

From Steam's website:

"First Access Club Includes:

Certificate and unique key that, when registered, grants membership to the Duke Nukem First Access website.

Membership grants exclusive access to information and items, including the earliest possible access to the playable demo before it is publicly released."

SWEET! :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You sure won't regret that purchase, but make sure that you get a friend to play with. I couldn't imagine playing that game solo at all... it's SO much fun co-op.

I beat the game the other day, and also cleared through the first DLC (zombie). Onto the second, and am not too impressed, since it's all arena-based, but the third and fourth look great.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I also picked up the GOTY edition... such fun days. Also picked up The Witcher: EE and a few others. Crazy deals... Was considering the Dragon Age ultimate collection, but read about all the hassle with getting keys, register with Bioware, activating and then finally playing the damn game, i mean, really... may give it a pass.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I didn't realize Dragon Age was so retarded like that. Been meaning to get around to that one also :-/

Question for those who've played the second DLC (Moxxi)... is there a point? Brother and I kicked ass in one arena and earned nothing whatsoever. I'm stumped as to the point of that DLC.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Question for those who've played the second DLC (Moxxi)... is there a point? Brother and I kicked ass in one arena and earned nothing whatsoever. I'm stumped as to the point of that DLC.

one of them ups the level cap, I forget which one it was, but Mad Moxxi's might be the one.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's the Armory of General Knoxx that raises the cap I believe. The idea is to play through DLC 1 and 2 and then go through the game a second time, which will get you to around level 50, which will set you on the right path for the DLC 3. I could be off on this, though.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
it was on sale on Steam for only $25!!! SICK deals they're having right now. I have my Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club key now, so once they release that I'm all set

SWEET! :D

I've been waiting for DNF ... forever. (Yeah, super-old joke).

Finally we'll be able to play it.

Attachments

• CrackedNukeunited.jpg
    CrackedNukeunited.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 471

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Kind of irritating, bought The Witcher at 50% off 2 days ago... and it's now 75% off... go figure.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I don't think it was answered but the whole point of Moxxi's is to award you with two more skill points to build your tree. One for play through one and another for play through two.

The loot hasn't been stellar but then again I have only gone in when at the cap. Vary rarely do you see any oranges drop in between rounds.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member

As far as I know it's just a multiplayer versus setup, sort of like the arena mode in the original game but with extra levels or weapons I thought. I've not actually played it.

I don't think it was answered but the whole point of Moxxi's is to award you with two more skill points to build your tree. One for play through one and another for play through two.

The loot hasn't been stellar but then again I have only gone in when at the cap. Vary rarely do you see any oranges drop in between rounds.

Ahh, good to know.

I played Borderlands ages ago, second playthrough was even more fun than the first honestly. I've not actually tried any of the DLC stuff yet, but I grabbed it while steam had it all on sale a couple days ago!

I'll have to figure out what my GSA info was so I can join y'all for some games sometime!