Jakal calls me an idiot!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I try to be nice, I try to be cooperative, but this was uncalled for!

(20:11:59) RobWilliamsTG: I need to mount a fan over the memory.
(20:12:21) Jakal: LOL you reminded me of an idiot I know

I'm going to go find a corner now. Just thought this should be seen.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Can I explain? PLX?

There's this guy I met that thought he knew everything there was to know about pc's. Well, he needed to swap out power supplies for a gateway case. I stood around while this guy popped off a jerry-rigged plexiglass side.. I mean the side was just a piece of plexiglass, I'm not joking.

He proceded to look at the case and the wires and pull on one.. then stop.. look again.. and pull the same cord. The whole time with a confused look on his face. After about 3 minutes of this I told him he's doing it wrong and to just unplug em. He proceded to try to prove me wrong and said "Ok if you think YOU can do this any better go ahead."

I proceded to unplug all the wires pop the power supply out and put the new one in and plug it all back in within a minute. The psu mounting in those cases is tool-less. He shut up.

Rob reminded me of that situation with this comment "RobWilliamsTG: I wish I could find my dual sided tape". This guy had HOT-GLUED 2 case fans in the case.. What happens when the glue gets warm? It procedes to melt. I didn't mean to call Rob an idiot. The situation just reminded me of the idiot.

I'm so sorry!

I'll pack my things and go now.

p.s. I'll delete procedes from my vocabulary.

RobWilliamsTG (7:10:52 AM): I wish I could find my dual sided tape
RobWilliamsTG (7:10:58 AM): I need to mount a fan over the memory
Jakal Blu (7:11:20 AM): LOL you reminded me of an idiot I know
RobWilliamsTG (7:11:26 AM): Cool thanks

Last edited:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
You 2 are too funny................;)
As for putting a fan over your memory, just make what I did, it works out great.

dsc006188ua.jpg

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha yup, that's what I will be doing. I usually use dual sided tape, but I'll have to find a better solution. Did you make that plastic piece?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's sweet man. So is that a magnet, and it just clips to the back of your mobo tray?

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Nope, it has fom tape on the inside and it just slides in between the MoBo and the tray. Fits nice and snug..............;)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Cool stuff, I will have to try out something similar. I usually use double sided tape but I can't find it anywhere.

tugovony

Obliviot
Rob Williams said:
Cool stuff, I will have to try out something similar. I usually use double sided tape but I can't find it anywhere.

Wouldn't dual sided tape be bad when it gets hot?

I thought tape didn't hold very well under heat either.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't know, but it's worked fantastic for me. Half the time I literally have to scrap it off the case to get it off.

tugovony

Obliviot
Rob Williams said:
I don't know, but it's worked fantastic for me. Half the time I literally have to scrap it off the case to get it off.

I didn't know tape would stay on that well, when it got hot. Guess you learn something new everyday :)

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
double sided tape sticks great if the sufrface is clean, tha't what is used to install long CCLs and such. To remove the tape you have to use solvent to get rid of the sticky part.

maddmaxx

E.M.I.
Lexan or Plexiglas both make suitable materials for all types of stuff like that. I have a Lexan panel in my case that holds my two 92mm fans in the front and it's held in with, you guessed it. 3M double sided tape. Sticks like glue.