I've modded my 3850 agp bios

GFreeman

Coastermaker
I remember having this 1gig Patriot kit with Windows XP. That would keep up at the 180 divider with 2-2-2-5, 1t timings at these clocks. I had my ram up to 250 Mhz instead of 212Mhz.. If that stuff was in with XP.. This score would even be much better :) Gotta need the 2gigs for Windows 7 though.. Oh well the old benching days. It's exciting playing with this videocard that's for sure.

GFreeman

Coastermaker
I've been benching some more and got the following high score with my videocard. This was at 820/1200 clocks.. I've decited to drop a few Mhz on the core and max out the ram totally. On the cpu / ram side I was running about the same settings.

Here's the score and here's 34K FM03 :D http://3dmark.com/3dm03/6423412

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Well if a notebook cooler doesn't help and undervolting the GPU doesn't help enough, then I'm out of ideas. Except possibly moving your room into the fridge, it does have some perks... ;)

I undervolt my laptop's processor all the time using that program, and it significantly dropped temps without impacting performance... if it is possible to do so (RivaTuner might support it for the GPU, not sure what would for ATI specifically).

As an inspiration I got curious and thought "How about reaching overclocking speeds undervolting the VGPU?." Well it turns out this card does 820/1020 with 1.180v vgpu instead of the stock 1.214v vgpu. The result is lower temps and more stable overclock :D